Title: Product Manager (Learning Experience Owner)
Reports to: Head of Learning Experience
Email to: email@example.com with Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mention the channel: Mind the ProductThe goal of the Product
Learnlight is an EdTech company that provides language, intercultural and soft skills training to leading companies and organizations around the world. We deliver blended virtual, blended face-to-face, and digital solutions to 100,000+ learners in 1500+ clients across 150+ countries. We specialize in the digital transformation of learning programs and the empowerment of talent to excel in an increasingly complex global environment.
The goal of the Product Manager (Learning Experience Owner) is to help make Learnlight the leading provider of blended live training for language, intercultural and communication skills worldwide. This includes leading from inception to completion on all strategic product implementation projects that impact on your ‘Experience’, including cross-departmental initiatives. You act as the ‘voice’ for your Experience users.
You are essentially responsible for managing the product throughout the Product Lifecycle, defining the product vision, identifying user pain points, gathering, and prioritizing product and client requirements, and working closely with Engineering to deliver successful products.
Research & Intelligence
- Research learning and training management providers.
Create and maintain a Product Vision for your Experience.
Support the Product Manager (Learner Experience) on their day to day.
- Identify and validate opportunities for learners and trainers.
- Collaborate with the Design and Engineering teams to find the best solutions for your users’ problems.
- Plan and conduct needed user research (e.g., user interviews & surveys) and document results (e.g., Discovery plan) in collaboration with the Design team.
- Create Business Cases to evaluate the benefits, costs, and risks of undertaking a new project.
- Produce documentation for the Design team outlining the problem and the expected results (e.g., Design brief).
Validate solutions prior to development (e.g., Hypothesis evaluation).
- Lead product development, strategy, and redesign from concept through development to market launch.
- Drive the product delivery and implementation.
- Perform the Backlog grooming for their Experience
- Validate and prioritize incoming requests and answer product questions sent by the business.
- Define features and write detailed user requirements.
- Support the ideation and design process.
- Participate in show & tell sessions.
- Participate, and in some cases, lead the prototype process.
- Use prototyping to validate ideas early in the development process.
- Participate in standups, in the absence of a PO.
- Define and measure against success metrics for your product
- Provide Release support.
- Enhance the product based on the feedback received after launch.
- Plan and prepare the retirement of the product once it reaches that stage.
- Prepare and conduct UATs with the support of the Test Engineering team.
- Create and maintain the Release Plan for your Experience.
- Manage Release communications using the appropriate channels.
- Create alignment with your stakeholders.
- Prepare the launch with the Marketing team for external facing products.
- Support the rollout of your product.
- Assess and mitigate risks.
- Manage communication for your stakeholders on product updates and enhancements.
Documentation & Training
- Create and maintain Product Requirements Documentation.
- Update Help Sites.
- Maintain the image library up to date as the single source of truth for their Experience.
- Provide training to internal teams on how to best make use of the features released.
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Strong communicator with good presentation skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with people at various levels in the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Customer focus
- Understanding of the marketplace
- Attention to detail
- Good time-management skills
- Organizational, planning, and documentation skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously
- Team player with great active listening skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- C1 level of English required
- Understanding of education technology domain is desired
- Familiarity with Agile principles of product management (preferred)
Education & Experience
- At least 2-3 years working as a Product Manager in a Tech company
- At least one year managing EdTech software
- Experience with both learner and trainer facing learning experience platforms
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferred)