Product Manager (AdTech SaaS, Boston, MA)
SimplicityDX is reinventing online shopping by enabling customers to buy at the edge. The way that consumers are buying online is changing, with many purchase journeys now starting away from a brand’s website, often on social media. Buyers discover products on social, then click through to buy on the brand’s eCommerce site. Today this shopping journey is often problematic – 81% of consumers have experienced broken experiences when clicking through from social. SimplicityDX fixes this problem and enables brands to drive more revenues from social.
We are a small, vibrant, and fast-growing team on a mission. We’re very open and transparent, a close-knit team with a shared ethos and a sense of purpose. Our mission is to disrupt the status quo, create a new category and lead it to enable people to shop wherever they are spending time. Consequently, we thrive on lateral thinking, creativity, and fresh, innovative ways to solve problems.
There are no passengers: everyone in the business has a direct impact on the success of the company, and you will be able to see your own impact on our success. You will have an enormous personal opportunity to learn, grow and progress your career in ways just not possible in larger companies.
You’ve already got at least two years of experience in an AdTech / Martech or eCommerce environment working as a product owner or product manager. You know and understand SaaS. You’re a fan of the agile development process, and totally comfortable writing journeys that solve specific business problems, then chunking the work and turning this into tickets detailed enough for software developers to be able to get up and running fast with the new requirements. You’re delivery-focused, and know that fast, incremental delivery beats waterfall every time. You’re a stickler for detail and like to get things nailed down. You work well across multiple stakeholders and are an excellent communicator.
Now you’re hungry to step up and lead a new initiative and really make a difference. You’re passionate about building software that is simple and intuitive for a marketing audience. You’re comfortable with wireframing, working with UI/UX designers and familiar with tools like Figma. You want to build software that packs a punch, and will make a significant impact on sales and Return on Ad Spend. You know the impact that it can have. You are looking for an opportunity where you can really fly and put your skills to the test in the big leagues.
In this role, you will:
• Work with software engineers and strategists to drive the SimplicityDX platform to new heights.
• Develop journeys that deliver frequent and tangible customer value.
• Develop journeys based on specific business requirements.
• Develop tickets to deliver these journeys.
• Assign development priorities to tickets based on business priorities set by SimplicityDX leadership.
• Plan and deliver sprints and retrospectives.
• Work closely with development teams, customer success, QA to ensure that the product delivers on its promise.
• Be able to communicate business requirements, solution requirements and other non-functionals to both engineering team colleagues and senior management.
• Understand the competitive landscape.
• Be the subject matter expert on the SimplicityDX platform, providing training to sales, presales and onboarding teams, building product documentation and demonstration sites as required.
• Be the subject matter expert on eCommerce, advertising and martech platforms and how SimplicityDX integrates with them.
The Ideal Candidate is:
• Innovative. You continually research and evaluate emerging technologies. You stay current on published state-of-the-art methods, technologies, and applications and seek out opportunities to apply them.
• You are a self-starter and ready to lead the Product Management function for a fast-growing software company.
• You sweat the details and get things nailed down.
• You are prepared to challenge conventional thinking and work with stakeholders to identify and improve the status quo.
• You understand social media and how ad tech works.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• At least 1 year of experience in a SaaS software development environment
• At least 2 years of experience with Product Management / Product Ownership
• A right to work in the US
• Currently living in the Boston area
SimplicityDX is a distributed organization that works with the best talent irrespective of where they are based. We blend the best of Work From Home with regular face-to-face get-togethers and social events. Our development center is based in Brookline, Boston MA. We will give preference to candidates that are local to this area.