We are looking for a User Experience (UX) Designer with exceptional skills to join our team and work across product squads. You will be a customer champion, focused on bringing together direct feedback, research-based insights, best practices, and your own innovative approach.
What’s in it for you
Impact, influence, and growth. Altus Group is a growing global company, one that includes multiple acquisitions and boasts industry-leading technology solutions. You will have the chance to tackle layered issues, designing visual layouts and experiences for complex cloud products. You will have your opinion heard and see your ideas come to life. You will expand your understanding of our business and the CRE industry. Joining us now is a chance to accelerate your career with a chance to move up to a Senior Designer, Team Lead and even into the Product side; there are no limits to how you can grow with us.
What you will do:
- Take a user-centered design approach. You will translate results into concepts and concepts into user journeys and stories; user flows, wireframes, mockups, and rapid prototypes – optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces, leading to intuitive user experiences. You will test ideas with customers, iterating designs based on findings and feedback.
- Be the voice of the customer. You will conduct and compile quantitative and qualitative research, including user interviews, testing, and surveys. You will conduct analysis to create a big-picture view and generate actionable insights.
- You will share data-supported insights with business leaders to influence UX and feature design and identify the strengths and weaknesses of the finished product. You will proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal teams, acting as a translator and effectively designing the experience required.
You will have:
- The passion. You are passionate about bringing together best practices in design, creativity, a human-centered approach, and the latest technology to build an exceptional user experience for a specialized audience.
- The experience. You have expertise working with internal and external teams to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet their needs and vision. You have extraordinary critical thinking, advocacy, research, and summarization skills. You have a portfolio demonstrating your experience designing complex solutions, including:
- Planning and conducting user research.
- Engaging in product conversations and acting as a bridge between product management, architecture and development, and end-users.
- Building out user stories, journey maps, mockups, and prototypes.
- Conducting user testing and A/B testing.
- Addressing usability and accessibility concerns.
- The practical knowledge. You have experience in using UX best practices to design solutions, applying a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design. You can rapidly iterate designs and solutions intelligently. You have expertise in interface design software, including Figma (Figjam), research and survey tools, graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools such as Marvel, InVision, and UXPin.
- The interpersonal skills. You can build and nurture trusting relationships, gathering information and eliciting cooperation and feedback in usability testing – and you can translate business to technical and vice versa. You are an effective communicator who can clarify ambiguities and present information in a structured way that makes sense, and clearly communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to internal and external teams. You have excellent negotiation and can influence without authority.