Testimonial Tree is a marketing technology company founded and focused in real estate. We’re a small but growing team looking to help the industry level up with better tools. Our platform is simple but already profitable, a solid strategic foundation for us to build on. We’re already a great startup story; help us write the next chapter!
As our first product owner, you’ll work to set the bar for what great product ownership in a product management group looks like. You’ll serve the engineering and design teams while assuming full ownership of our product backlogs, setting priorities and goals for the team to tackle.
You’ll be tightly connected to our head of product to turn vision and roadmap into reality. Together, you’ll help turn company goals into product metrics, with outcomes that meet or exceed our growth and retention objectives for the whole company.
The Day to Day
We believe in a product management philosophy that is all about keeping our engineering and design (product) team focused by bringing well-framed problems that you’ll sherpa to the best resolution, with cheap iteration to build confidence in the overall bet. As a product owner, your daily responsibilities include, among others:
- Aligning with our head of product to ensure a shared vision and roadmap
- Incorporating bug fixes and feature requests from our users, as well as our own team members, into the appropriate product backlog
- Ongoing grooming and prioritization of product backlog items (PBIs)
- Setting and monitoring release goals, up to and after the release period as defined
- Monitoring and reporting on the team’s work as it progresses
Refinement of our agile methodology based on full organizational feedback
- You’ll knock this role out of the park with a well-groomed backlog that translates into a high-performing product team, while using data to inform the “what and why” behind the work you ask the team to complete.
You have experience as a product owner or similar role in product management, working in an agile environment. You have a moderately technical background (should know the basics of what an API does, for example) and a keen sense of what a well-crafted product looks like. You’re extremely organized and an awesome communicator with a strong ability to maintain focus on the most important problems, fending off distraction at all costs!