Head of Product
Now more than ever, people want every experience to be instant and on-demand. And when it comes to getting paid, people want their cash yesterday. But every year organisations waste time, money, and energy sending more than $20 Trillion in payouts to individuals using cash, checks, credit, debit, prepaid, and gift cards! Held back by the legacy banking systems, crushed by the costs and complexity of credit cards there is this monster industry still lingering in the digital dark ages.
At WeGift we’re changing all that. We’ve built our proprietary payment rails that enable any organisation to send money to any individual, anywhere, instantly. No bank account required. No insane interchange fees. We even get up to 25% in commissions from retailers for driving sales which we pass on to our customers. It’s discounted money! We’re throwing away the old model, and transforming how we move and use money forever.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You can read more about our team here – Diversity & Inclusion
About the Product Team:
Spread across three key areas; Treasury, Demand and Supply, our Product Team examines both customer and business needs to define product scope, and identify then prioritise the problems WeGift are solving. They work very closely with engineering, as well as the wider business, to deliver on key business goals, advocating for customer experience in the build of the next generation global payment platform.
About the Head of Product Role:
As Head of Product for Growth, you’ll have ownership and management of product planning, product discovery and product development processes across both our Demand and Supply Teams. You will work in close collaboration with Engineering to drive product led growth to acquire, activate and expand with customer acquisition, network acquisition and end user wallet usage. You’ll be responsible for defining and driving the product roadmap, setting priorities, managing stakeholders, and delivering features, as well as having direct reports.
We value transparency, so before we get started here’s some things you should know about the role…
- In a start-up, things often change at the last minute. It’s important these situations don’t frustrate you and you thrive with unknowns, with a focus on delivery
- As part of the process you will be expected to complete a take home task, this is so we can gain an insight to your product skills and communication style, but also for you to get a taste of the work you will do in this role
What Excites You:
- Driving product led growth by working closely with CPO, CTO and Go-To-Market leaders to solve the organisations highest value problems through product innovation, including building market share, supporting multi-product revenue generation, profit and ROI on new features or products
- Establishing product strategies and pipeline plans for the Supply and Demand teams in line with the business mission, bringing together a clear-sighted view of customer need, cutting-edge technology and commercial success
- Building and managing a high performing, growing product management team consisting of 3 Product Managers
- Taking full ownership of sprint-planning and prioritisation of the product roadmap to ensure we achieve our strategic objectives through maintaining a delivery focused mindset
- Deliver against key metrics to scale both customer and merchant acquisition
What Excites Us:
- You’ll demonstrate ~8 years experience in Product, with 2+ years in a Head of Product or Product Leadership role working for a high growth, technology led B2B start-up or scale-up business
- Proven background managing Product Managers to deliver major digital product development projects from discovery through to delivery whilst remaining hands on. You’re able to measure the impact and result through insights, metrics and data
- You’re able to formulate an innovative product vision and translate complex requirements to technical and non-technical teams, up to C-level
- A customer centric mindset with the ability to identify key pain points and be creative in the approach to solve these
During our interview process you’ll be assessed based on technical capability, motivation and values alignment.
We aim to complete the process within 2 – 3 weeks, but we can adapt based on your availability and you will have regular communication with your talent partner throughout the process.
🌴 25 days holiday + bank holidays
🧠 All permanent employees receive extra days off to help boost their well-being when they need it
🏢 We have a hybrid structure to allow flexibility between home and office based working. You will therefore be expected to be in our London office (145 City Road, nr Old Street) a minimum of 4 days a month. 2 fixed days and 2 flex days
🚀 Participation in the Employee Options pool giving you ownership in WeGift and participation in the upside
🚑 Private Medical + Dental Health Insurance with Bupa
💙 Pension scheme (3% contribution)
👶 Enhanced parental leave
📚 £1,000 annual L&D allowance to invest in mastering your craft, including accredited studies. Plus 6 days study leave per year
🖥️ £150 to create an awesome remote work experience
💷 Workplace Nursery benefit, where WeGift makes a contribution to your child’s nursery for equipment, training, redecoration or anything else
⭐️ WeRecognise, where we shine the spotlight on exceptional employees every quarter who in turn get a £100 award in the eGift card of their choice
☕️ Staff perks with WeGift brands – discounts of up to 12% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless
🎉 Quarterly team socials
🥪 Welcome lunches, where your team will eat together to celebrate new starters
🚴 Cycle to work scheme – save some £££ on buying a bike
Take a look under the hood of life at WeGift from our employees perspective. This handbook built using Notion.so is what we use to navigate both the serene and choppy waters when needed. You might need to copy and paste the following link into your browser as job boards don’t allow us to add hyperlinks – https://bit.ly/2PluGyG