Proton.ai is revolutionizing wholesale distribution. Distributors sell nearly every physical good you come across. Key to the economy, they make up over 28% of GDP. But there’s a problem. Selling as a distributor is complicated. Distributors carry hundreds of thousands of SKUs, making it impossible for distributors to know what their customers need. Proton cuts through this complexity with AI. We provide a solution that modernizes distributors’ sales efforts. Distributors using our software get a measurable 10X ROI on their investment in Proton.
Proton is looking for an experienced Head of Product and Engineering to join our fast-growing SaaS team! Reporting directly to our CEO, the Head of Product and Engineering will direct our product management and engineering efforts, be the custodian of the product vision, own the product roadmap, establish repeatable prioritization, planning, and execution processes, and will be part of our highly collaborative process in forging our overall strategy.
We’re looking for a product and engineering leader who has a track record of leading, developing, and scaling a world-class product and engineering team who can execute on the product vision. You’re an ideal candidate if you can pivot from high-level strategic thinking to getting your hands dirty alongside your team and cross-functional partners – all in the name of shipping great products. This is a career-defining opportunity to have a direct impact on the growth and expansion of Proton as we disrupt the $7 trillion distribution market.
We’re a remote-first company and hire people from around the world. For this role, we are looking for someone based in the US due to the potential amount of travel required and the majority of our customers being based in the US.
What you’ll do:
- Closely collaborate with the CEO and leadership team to define, guide, and develop the strategy and future roadmap of all products and services
- Through your deep understanding of our customers’ challenges and close partnership with engineering, lead your team to build features that delight our customers
- Lead, motivate, and develop the team of product managers, engineers and engineering managers, and designers
- Align team with end-to-end product line vision and the company’s strategy, goals, and key performance indicators
- Develop and be accountable for product and engineering metrics for success, including delivery milestones and feature adoption metrics
- Work with our marketing, sales, and customer success teams to make product releases a success – driving new leads, helping deals close, and improving overall customer satisfaction
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- B2B product management experience in a SaaS company (early-stage startup experience is a big plus)
- A strong grasp of product management best practices (how to organize a roadmap, how to plan specific features, how to coordinate across teams, etc), and engineering best practices (organizing teams, sprint execution, etc), and a track record of those best practices into action
- Exceptional management and mentorship skills and a passion for coaching people
- Empathy for our customers and the ability to understand and prioritize their needs via user feedback, user research, experimentation, and data
- Solid business and strategic intuition combined with problem-solving, listening, and interpersonal skills
- A metrics-driven approach to product prioritization and feature and team performance
- Competitive Salaries + Company Stock Options – we want to pay you well (and equitably!) and make you feel like an owner.
- Flexible Schedule – we think high levels of autonomy, responsibility and working asynchronously foster an amazing workplace.
- Unlimited PTO + 10 Company Paid Holidays + 4 Compay wellness days
- 401k with Employer Contribution (US only, for now!) – we know work isn’t forever, so we contribute up to 3% of your salary to help you prepare whether you directly contribute or not.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – we cover one medical plan 100% in the USA and cover a premium plan 100% for international employees (for US- this includes a HSA!) and cover 50% for dependents on all our medical plan options.
- $450 Quarterly Remote Working Stipend – to iterate and upgrade your WFH setup, cover cell phone/internet bills or even to go towards Coworking space!
- 12 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave – that goes for primary and secondary caregivers; even if you’re adopting or fostering!
- Biannual Company Paid off-sites – time for us to be together, brainstorm, and make magic happen.