Jam City Burbank is hiring a Lead Product Manager to run live operations on Disney Emoji Blitz, a top-grossing mobile collection game. Reporting to the Product Director, the Lead Product Manager will work to develop and execute aggressive content, event, and merchandising plans. Over time the Lead Product Manager must evolve the team’s live operations strategies by conducting analysis, testing new tactics, and maintaining an agile growth mindset, always ready to react to results and improve the player experience.
The ideal candidate is passionate about games, a strategic thinker, can approach their work like an analyst and a designer, and has a proven track record managing live operations on a top grossing mobile game. The Lead Product Manager will work closely with multiple disciplines, particularly game designers, to create content that will fuel the product for years to come.
- Lead ambitious live operations team on one of Jam City’s biggest games
- Create merchandising and event plans with a scientific approach that drives the highest value possible from each release
- Understand game content types, lifecycle management, and deployment levers to craft delightful player experiences and maximize the monetary value of our content
- Define business goals for live operations initiatives and deliver KPI improvements
- Utilize game data, competitive research, and player feedback to formulate new merchandising tactics and event strategies
- Develop A/B test plans for new merchandising and deployment strategies, including forming hypotheses, variant configurations, and quantitative success criteria
- Analyze and report on merchandising & event performance, from high-level KPIs to deep dives into specific strategies
- Present product updates, analysis, and insights to colleagues, including game team, cross-functional partners, executives, and broader product management organization
- Identify areas of opportunity for new live ops oriented features/process improvements to continually lift game performance
- Work with the team to find and prioritize the best content that will improve revenue and meet the high expectations of our passionate fans
- Manage content development process from concept to launch, meeting aggressive growth goals and balancing production constraints with licensor guidelines
- 5+ years experience in product management or live operations management role in the games industry
- Experienced product manager with goal-oriented mindset and the ability to set clear milestones and objectives
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple concurrent initiatives from concept to completion
- Strategic thinker, well-versed in conducting market research and applying sophisticated frameworks to decision making
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills – the ability to derive conclusions from data and clearly communicate findings is critical
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Collaborative personality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passion for mobile games
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
NICE TO HAVE
- Strong track record of growing mobile games after launch
- Experience in F2P economy and live operations
- Familiarity with Disney Emoji Blitz and/or casual collection games
- Knowledge of Disney, Pixar, Star Wars brands
- Experience writing SQL queries and distilling complex analysis into actionable insights
- Experience managing and mentoring teams
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of Jam City’s total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. In addition, Jam City provides a variety of benefits to employees, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, life, disability, and accident insurance. Pay Range: $145,000 — $254,500 salary per year.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.