Senior Product Designer
Content & Supply & Distribution
Location: London – Hybrid
Why you should join us…
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can’t get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
The Content Supply and Distribution team plays a key role in delivering the right content to our audiences. It creates and manages the route the content takes from production, all the way to channels and services, such as ITVX.
About the Role:
We are looking for an established designer with extensive Product design experience, on a combined UX/UI role with demonstrable impact on the product.
Reporting to the Content Supply and Distribution Product Lead, you will work in a cross-functional group whose mission is to create an optimised end-to-end content pipeline that has service design at its heart.
You will use your experience across UX and UI to create a suite of internal tools that help drive operational excellence.
To be able to hit the ground running, you must have proven experience in designing for CMS products or internal tools, using Design Systems, and be able to demonstrate your impact on the product’s trajectory. You will need to have solid experience in the end-to-end design process from discovery to implementation, working with multiple stakeholders to align business requirements with user needs in a complex content workflow landscape.
- Help drive the design strategy and vision to shape ITV’s internal tools
- Create and deliver robust end-to-end product design solutions.
- Own the full-stack design process, from design exploration to UX specs to polished UI designs, working with engineers to implement a user-friendly experience.
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, Content Producers, Architects and Data teams, in a complex landscape to ensure our internal systems are efficient, accessible, and meet our user and business goals.
- Manage the relationship with 3rd party UX design agencies and collaboratively iterate on solutions.
- Contribute to the creation, adoption and maintenance of our Design System.
- Ensure quality of technical integration of internal and outsourced design deliverables.
- Establish and promote, best practices, methodologies and UX documentation
- Work closely with a larger Product Design group that also delivers consumer facing products such as ITVX.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Solid experience of user centred design processes.
- Knowledge and experience in designing for complex desktop tools and applications
- A versatile portfolio that showcases solid interaction and visual design skills
- Ability to conduct research, gather business requirements (often through workshops) and translate these into effective design solutions
- Confident, clear communication (both verbal and written), able to create the right narrative to share your ideas
- Ability to work with a broad set of stakeholders to achieve unity and progress across legal, technical, commercial, marketing and data
- Experience with complex Design Systems
- A passion for usability and accessibility with a mission to create purposeful experiences for a diverse audience.
- A willingness to learn, constantly looking for opportunities to grow yourself and your impact.
- Deeply passionate about creating healthy relationships with respect, equality, empowerment and safety at their core.
- Experience in metadata, or a content supply chain function
- Understanding of the complexity of the audio-visual technical landscape
Note: To be considered for this role you must submit a CV AND up to date portfolio of your work.
Interested? Apply Now!
Closing date: 27th January 2023
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from disabled people and as a Disability Confident Leader if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you are disabled, we’ll guarantee you’ll get to the next stage* (minimum criteria above).
We’re happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application & selection process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything… our email is email@example.com.
Find out more about our benefits http://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance.
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do.
* There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications