Who You Are.
You are a seasoned product designer with hands-on experience conducting user research, designing for measurable outcomes, and working cross-functionally to translate customer needs and business goals into solutions that drive value.
You’re as comfortable in a team leadership position as you are in a solo-role. You love learning through discovery and driving process improvement to deliver a better outcome.
You love being the go-to person on the design team almost as much as mentoring other designers. You’re collaborative and proactively seek early input to support your iterative approach. You bring both qualitative and quantitative data to the voice of our customers and authentically incorporate it into your work.
What You’ll Do.
As our Senior Product Designer, you’ll help partner in shaping the vision of our product team and help lead the design team’s efforts. You will work closely with designers, product managers, and a team of engineers to own the end-to-end designs for our agency product. Every day will look a little different, but in general, you will do things like:
- Conduct, summarize, and present findings from UX research.
- Lead and contribute to the evolution of our design system and pattern libraries.
- Produce high-fidelity design mockups and prototypes in Figma
Develop a clear experience design strategy to align the Kamana team.
- Test prototypes and hypotheses (sometimes divergent ideas) with users, knowing when to bring it all together into an executable vision.
- Work with our enterprise clients and prospects to gain a deep understanding of their businesses and processes to discover valuable design insights and opportunities.
- Mentor other designers on the team.
- Continually drive process improvement.
- Effectively communicate and reinforce design specifications to Product and Development teams.
What You’ve Done Before.
You are an experienced product designer who has led through the entire lifecycle of product design. Along the way, you have:
- Owned and evolved a product design across its entire lifecycle.
Mentored and coached other designers.
- Matured and evolved an existing design system or created one from scratch.
- Successfully implemented UX research methodologies.
- Leveraged qualitative and quantitative data across your solutions.
- Proactively stay informed on the latest design tooling and methodologies.
- Received positive feedback about your clear and persuasive communication style.
It’d Be Cool If You’ve Done This
Experience in healthcare SaaS and/or the HealthTech industry will get you to the top of the list. Having been on the ground floor of a fast-growing startup with a desire to repeat this journey may also set you apart from other candidates, but is not required as long as you are up for the challenge! A clinical background and/or knowledge of the healthcare staffing industry would be amazing but is in no way required.
This is a full time exempt position with an expected salary of $155,000/year. Learn more about Kamana and how we work.