Now more than ever, people want every experience to be instant and on-demand. And when it comes to getting paid, people want their cash yesterday. But every year organisations waste time, money, and energy sending more than $20 Trillion in payouts to individuals using cash, checks, credit, debit, prepaid, and gift cards! Held back by the legacy banking systems, crushed by the costs and complexity of credit cards there is this monster industry still lingering in the digital dark ages.
At WeGift we’re changing all that. We’ve built our proprietary payment rails that enable any organisation to send money to any individual, anywhere, instantly. No bank account required. No insane interchange fees. We even get up to 25% in commissions from retailers for driving sales which we pass on to our customers. It’s discounted money! We’re throwing away the old model, and transforming how we move and use money forever.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You can read more about our team here – Diversity & Inclusion
About the Treasury Team
The Treasury Team is the backbone to a marketplace that lets customers hold, manage and send digital assets provided by a variety of vendors. The team works on the end-to-end authoritative record that provides clear fiscal oversight of the state of all assets for customers, vendors and internal stakeholders. For the vendors that add assets to our Marketplace, Treasury enables them to track them from storage to redemption, providing monitoring and a record of their investment.
About the Product Designer Role
This role is responsible for collaborating with Product Managers, Engineers, as well as design teammates to discover and deliver solutions for the treasury area that enrich the overall product experience. You will be an advocate for our customer within the team, and consistently ensure that the product is aligned to both their needs, and our design principles.
Our Product Designers are the brains behind the experiences we release, discovering, conceptualising, validating and iterating upon customer problems and new engagement opportunities. Our designers have the customer in mind at every stage of the design process, underpinned by a deep understanding of their needs and behaviours. Our designers can make a personal impact on a product with a global reach across multiple customer bases. We work agile, lean and collaboratively, partnering with engineering and product management embedded in goal-based product teams collectively shaping the product.
We value transparency, so before we get started here’s some things you should know about the role…
- As part of the process you will be expected to complete a take home task, this is so we can gain an insight to your product design skills and communication style.
- We will require to see a portfolio, this should clearly demonstrate your product design process and work.
- In a start-up, things often change at the last minute. It’s important these situations don’t frustrate you and you thrive with unknowns.
What Excites You
- The opportunity to collaborate with the team to set customer-driven OKRs and deliver solutions that meet them
- Owning your design process, working independently within your multi-disciplinary team. Working on the complete end to end design delivery, from discovery, to shipping to iteration
- You are passionate about inclusivity and have an understanding of accessibility guidelines and best practices.
- You think and work atomically when it comes to building UI, whilst being passionate about simple and intuitive visual design
What Excites Us
- You demonstrate ~3 years experience as a Product Designer delivering great digital products as an individual contributor
- Experience collaborating with product managers and engineers to understand engineering complexities, breaking down complex and undefined problems into actionable next steps
- You’re highly proficient in Figma and have a good knowledge of prototyping tools such as FramerX, Protopie or similar.
- Experience defining and running UX research projects, across a variety of methods including customer interviews and focus groups.
- You’re deeply customer-focused and always strive to understand who you are solving problems for, with a data-driven approach.
During our interview process you’ll be assessed based on technical capability, motivation and values alignment.
We aim to complete the process within 2 – 3 weeks, but we can adapt based on your availability and you will have regular communication with your talent partner throughout the process.
🌴 25 days holiday + bank holidays
🧠 All permanent employees receive extra days off to help boost their well-being when they need it
🏢 We have a hybrid structure to allow flexibility between home and office based working. You will therefore be expected to be in our London office (145 City Road, nr Old Street) a minimum of 4 days a month. 2 fixed days and 2 flex days
🚀 Participation in the Employee Options pool giving you ownership in WeGift and participation in the upside
🚑 Private Medical + Dental Health Insurance with Bupa
💙 Pension scheme (3% contribution)
👶 Enhanced parental leave
📚 £1,000 annual L&D allowance to invest in mastering your craft, including accredited studies. Plus 6 days study leave per year
🖥️ £150 to create an awesome remote work experience
💷 Workplace Nursery benefit, where WeGift makes a contribution to your child’s nursery for equipment, training, redecoration or anything else
⭐️ WeRecognise, where we shine the spotlight on exceptional employees every quarter who in turn get a £100 award in the eGift card of their choice
☕️ Staff perks with WeGift brands – discounts of up to 12% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless
🎉 Quarterly team socials
🥪 Welcome lunches, where your team will eat together to celebrate new starters
🚴 Cycle to work scheme – save some £££ on buying a bike
Take a look under the hood of life at WeGift from our employees perspective. This handbook built using Notion.so is what we use to navigate both the serene and choppy waters when needed. You might need to copy and paste the following link into your browser as job boards don’t allow us to add hyperlinks – https://bit.ly/2PluGyG