Skimlinks is the world’s leading content-to-commerce platform, helping publishers monetize their commerce-related content, and retailers & brands find people who want to buy their products.
Skimlinks helps publishers earn an incremental revenue stream by automating the process of earning through affiliate marketing. By aggregating 24,000 merchant affiliate programs from over 55 affiliate networks, 4.5 million websites are able to earn commissions and gain an understanding of the shopping behaviours of their audience. Clients include Conde Nast, HuffPost, Business Insider, Buzzfeed and Refinery29.
Skimlinks then uses the data collected from this affiliate service to create the world’s largest data co-op focused on shopping intent data. With data from 1 billion shoppers on the products they are reading about, clicking on, and buying, Skimlinks helps retailers and brands target and personalize based on these shopping behaviours. This means we have one of the world’s largest sets of AI training data around shopping intent, which attracts some of the greatest people to work at Skimlinks and build something truly great and impactful.
Our mission is to help publishers be rewarded properly for the role their content plays in creating shopping intent, providing a much needed funding model for the internet. We are also driven by creating a culture for our team that celebrates learning and growth, while caring for each other.
About the role:
- Reporting to the Head of Product, you are responsible for all product delivery activities and act as the escalation point for all issues specific to the Audiences product and related projects
- Provide overall development project leadership of engineering and data science team members in the delivery of Audiences-related features and projects within committed timeframes
- Work with the exec team and stakeholders to define and validate the strategy and roadmap for Audiences
- Take the strategy and roadmap for Audiences, and work with engineering and data science (and design where relevant) to build and iterate on solutions that clients love and that help grow the company.
- Determine the optimal phasing and prioritisation of tasks to ensure Audiences is delivered in the most impactful and optimized manner.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of all our integrations with partners, which include all the DMPs, DSPs, SSPs, ad servers, and activation platforms we work with
- Communicate proactively and effectively with your team and company stakeholders, as well as customers where appropriate, to ensure there is an understanding of what will be delivered when, with what dependencies, caveats and trade-offs.
- Lead the quarterly goal planning process for Audiences, working with stakeholders in exec team, commercial and engineering, to determine goals, milestones, priorities and plans
- Working with the other Product Delivery Managers to share best practises and collaborate on cross-team opportunities and optimizations
- Run regular comms & meetings with team and stakeholders to ensure scope, alignment, context, prioritisation and interdependencies with other teams are understood and acted upon proactively.
- Gain product and industry knowledge to help exec and development teams with solution design and roadmap development
- Identifying and measuring KPIs relevant to Audiences, using them to inform iterative development, as well as ensuring your team’s delivery and utilisation is optimized.
- Working with Marketing to ensure Audiences has a go-to-market strategy, documentation, commercial education, customer onboarding strategy, etc, to ensure your project/product is not just delivered successfully but delights customers and has a material impact on company growth or value.
- Working with the Commercial and Product/exec team to discover customer needs, get qualitative feedback on prospective or current features, or to speak to customers directly where appropriate.
- Document learnings, assumptions, requirements, etc, so there is shared and retained knowledge
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Deep industry knowledge and hands-on experience in the adtech, audience data or programmatic advertising space.
- Prior experience project or program managing enterprise-level initiatives or products is essential
- A strong technical or engineering background is essential. Strong working knowledge of SQL and some exposure to Python would be ideal!
- A curious mind with an attention to detail and a fanaticism to getting to the root of issues and driving proactively to deliver a solution
- Ability to shine while delivering complex projects with many dependencies in a fast-paced environment
- Methodical and analytic, but with the boldness and pragmatism to make swift decisions when necessary
- Collaborating with engineers and designers to design solutions, and to phase and prioritise work while keeping everyone informed and aligned
- Experience managing and achieving results from engineers, driving discipline and accountability alongside creativity and a great team culture
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Passionate about achieving delivery goals but balancing with a commitment to quality and the avoidance (or logging) of tech debt
- Understand (or willing to learn about) backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Be assertive, positive and passionate about building beautiful solutions that are commercially successful