Formula One is one of the largest global sports, with over 500M fans worldwide. The Formula One Group is a group of companies responsible for the growth of the sport and exploitation of the sport’s commercial rights, representing approximately $2B in 2016 revenue.
As digital platforms increase share of time spent and voice, Formula One Group is investing to increase its digital presence, supported by a new, highly capable team to drive these initiatives. The group is engaged in aggressive new digital product development and optimization of its digital operations and technology in order to grow and strengthen multiplatform interactions with fans and partners.
This is an exciting opportunity for a product specialist who wants to play a leading role in shaping the future of the Formula One fan experience with huge development opportunities within a quickly growing team.
Reporting to the Head of Product, the main responsibilities for this role will be:
- Lead on the implementation of key cross-platform capabilities (may include user accounts and payment journeys, mobile app notifications/alerts or digital advertising)
- Take ownership – or support as required – key tactical projects and product launches within the F1 digital roadmap (F1 Access Live Timings product, Fantasy product, Audio platforms, Event app)
- Collaborate effectively with the wider Formula One business including key stakeholders across content, technology, marketing and sponsorship
- Support the Head of Product in the creation and execution against a digital product roadmap: with relaunch of core digital product offerings ahead of the 2018 Formula One season
- Work closely with our users and research team to deeply understand and address user needs and prioritize product investment and enhancements
- Build effective working relationships with suppliers and technical delivery teams to deliver against a roadmap at pace, whilst relentlessly focusing on quality
- Continuously seek opportunities to bring innovation to the Formula One fan experience
- Contribute fully to a success-oriented, accountable environment both within the product team and with our digital product partners
The right candidate for this position will be passionate about the role digital can play in both Sports coverage and brand experiences – with product management experience on multi-territory/language propositions. You will thrive in dynamic workplace and be comfortable meeting tight deadlines with high profile product launches. You will collaborative effectively, working across the product team and wider business, with internal and external stakeholders, always focusing on getting the job done with a relentless focus on quality. You will be as comfortable taking on a leadership role with technical delivery teams and third party suppliers as you are discussing the weekend’s Grand Prix with the content team. You will use data and insight to inform decisions – but will also have strong intuition and experience for what good looks like and know when to fall back on this. You will be as strong immersing yourself in the detail of the day-to-day of delivery as you at seeing the wider strategic opportunities in an ever-changing tech landscape. And in a cross-platform role, you will be comfortable working to a level of technical details – without necessarily coming from a computer science background – that focuses on the right architectural solution, rather that the quickest fix.
It is essential to have the following experience and skills:
- 3 + years’ experience working on consumer-facing digital products within a sports, media or consumer technology company
- Extensive experience working with design, UX and content teams – including staff, freelancers and external vendors
- Have a strong background in project delivery with evidence of end to end product management experience
- Stakeholder management
- Have a strong understanding of consumer behaviour and its impact on digital product development.
- Be proactive with the use of research, data and analytics to inform product decision-making, including A/B or Multi-variate testing
- Be technically strong without necessarily coming from a computer science background.