Nye Health is a seed-stage health tech company based across the UK. We’re working at the nexus between the life sciences, healthcare and patients to improve outcomes, access and insights. Our mission is to accelerate research and medical progress by working with citizens and the NHS.
We’re backed by angels, NHS healthcare providers and leading healthcare VCs. Our seed round was one of the largest for any health tech company in Europe. We have a 5-year partnership with a top 10 international pharmaceutical company and are working with other partners to continue our journey.
As a company, we pride ourselves on looking beyond the simple answers to develop a deep understanding of our market and customers. We use the latest technologies to achieve our goals quickly and effectively. We place customer research and user experience as top priorities in our work, designing solutions that create impact.
What matters to us
There are so many things that are important when building a start-up company but these are three that we hold above all others.
Trust – We trust you to add value to our company and do what you say you are going to do. To do this, we trust you to run your life in a way that works for you – ‘work/ life balance’ is a strange phrase as work happens during life, surely? Anyway, we won’t be counting your hours, but we will expect you to add value.
Empathy – As a team, we try to understand each other’s points of view, preferences and styles. We also give people a break and create space for people to feel safe with us – start-ups are hard, and we don’t want to make them harder.
Honesty – Don’t think you agree with something? Say so! We value the honesty (and the bravery) needed to speak up, and we encourage it. We trust you to challenge the status quo with empathy.
Culturally we understand that work happens within your day-to-day life! The leadership team have families and will actively encourage you to take a break and recharge. In return, we hope you’ll give us your commitment to making Nye the best it can be.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that Nye is delivering our product strategy and vision with good pace and accuracy. The role sits within our growing product team but will work closely with design and development teams to deliver our platform product.
- Lead on the breaking down of product strategy into user story maps and product requirements documentation.
- Coordination of meetings to interface with design and development to ensure clarity and alignment of delivery goals for the product.
- Support discovery research with users.
- Support strategy development and market/ customer research.
- Work with the development team(s) to coordinate quality assurance processes for product releases.
- Lead on the release process in terms of marketing, stakeholder management etc.
- Support product marketing activities in the wider product strategy.
- Contribute to ensuring that Nye’s product processes service the needs of the business and also meet with relevant compliance standards.
- This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and it is expected that you will undertake any reasonable activity asked of you.
- User story writing
- User research analysis
- Opportunity solution tree
- Developing value-based prioritisation
- Contributed to:Value proposition
- Product strategy
- Go to market
- Customer research
- Ability to empathise with patients, customers and other stakeholders.
- Interfaced with designers and developers and have an understanding of what you feel works best (but be open to changing this! ).
- Brought a product or product feature from discovery through design and implementation. Bonus if you’ve then used different sources of information to iterate on it.
- Ideally, you have awareness of the health regulatory landscape (medical device, ISO standards etc) – probably from health/ pharma. However, this is a desirable requirement, so please don’t let this stop you from applying.
- Another nice to have is someone who has even light experience with some behavioural psychology. Our product, as with most health products, requires an element of behaviour chance and personal motivation. An interest in this or ability to contribute to this would be great!
- Own a part of Nye with EMI share options.
- Flexible and remote working by default do you need to start early or late, go to an appointment or just get some exercise at lunchtime? That’s what flexible working is there for
- Top-notch hardware: High-end laptop and equipment – Mac, Windows or Linux builds are always available
- Social and collaborative culture: Regular socials (both online and offline).
- 27 days holiday plus Nye has some company discretionary days around over the festive period.
- Pension: through the NEST scheme, we have a 5% employee contribution matched scheme.
- CPD: We have a budget for training and are small enough that we can have a case-by-case conversation. We will likely move to a defined budget this year as we grow.
We have a selection of other benefits available, please ask if there is something important to you. We are also actively engaging with experts to help us review our benefits as we grow.