Fast-growing media company Penske Media Corporation (PMC) technology team is seeking a Senior Product Manager. The Product Manager will be expected to work across multiple projects at once, supporting delivery and process improvement across multiple teams in various locations. You’re a highly motivated self-starter who is organized, passionate about digital products and growing an engaged user base.
PMC’s Product, Engineering and Project team is distributed, but is close and supportive. We believe that everyone on the team contributes and has room for growth. Some of the ways we do this include blameless postmortems, a yearly in person all-team summit, and flexible schedules. We have a structured career ladder to help you grow and you’ll have support and mentorship from multiple people. We are also eager to learn from you, as we recognize that everyone’s individual background and experiences makes the team better.
We deliver using a combination of Agile (Scrum, Kanban) as well as more traditional project management methodologies.
- Identify and gather requirements.
- Manage the requirements gathering process between an integrated team of business stakeholders, software engineers, design, and other product managers.
- Monitor ongoing performance of features and act as point of contact for any questions, concerns, or suggestions.
- Design and documentation of features and functionality.
- Support the team’s documentation and user acceptance tests.
- Clearly articulate feature requirements through the development of user stories and specifications.
- Collaborate with Software Engineering, Product, and Project Management teams to implement new features.
- Manage feature development and defect backlog on a daily basis.
- Work with engineers, stakeholders, product managers to ensure product quality.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Product Management team on driving forward Product initiatives and evolving our digital products
- Be proactive in researching competitor products and industry best practices and bringing recommendations to the wider team
- Act as a point of contact for 1 or more of PMC’s brands, working with key stakeholders to learn their business goals, strategies, event cycles and audience. Consult with stakeholders on the best ways to meet their digital goals and their feature ideas. Champion these requests to our internal Product & Engineering teams for prioritization
You don’t need to check every box for the experience below. If you are passionate about this opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with development projects / teams in the media, entertainment, or publishing industries
- Excellent understanding of User Experience best practices across digital products
- High level of attention to detail
- Good understanding of Agile project management
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a science or technical subject
- Experience of working with technical teams and translating ‘tech speak’ to non-technical parties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with multiple teams / stakeholders in multiple locations across multiple projects simultaneously
- Preferred: Knowledge of content management and publishing systems including WordPress
- Preferred: Experience with project management systems and software including; planning software such as JIRA / MS
- Project / Smartsheet ; and diagramming and presentation software such as Visio / PowerPoint / Photoshop / Balsamiq