At Xapien we are re-imagining how humans extract knowledge from the internet.
Every business, charity, and institution in the world, in every sector, needs to know who they are doing business with. Xapien helps them answer that question – quickly and accurately. Using machine learning and deep natural language processing, we are re-imagining how machines learn and reason about knowledge.
Read more about our knowledge extraction technology, disambiguation engine, and neural risk classifier technologies here….
There’s never been a more exciting time to join Xapien. We are a growing team of 25 people, doubling to 50 this year, and we are excited to hire our first Lead Product Designer.
About the role:
We reward bright minds with hard problems. Using deep Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning and large-scale cloud computing, we find, read and assimilate millions of data points, on-demand, 24/7, without any human input or intervention, to produce insights to inform any business relationship. Working with our CTO, you will lead the charge in transforming how those insights are presented to our clients.
As our new Lead Product Designer, you will wear multiple hats from UX Design, UX research, and look after our complete design system. You will define and drive the user experience, turning complex backend data into simple, delightful and compelling user insight. You will help us unify the Xapien experience by developing design processes and systems, and establishing creative guidelines for our products.
You are going to be a high-energy, passionate and creative person, used to inspiring and working closely with product and engineering teams, driven to delivery beautiful, compelling and engaging user experiences.
We would like you to have experience of working with the following:
- Strong commercial experience as UX/Product Design Lead on SaaS products
- Experience working in an early stage, dynamic, fast-paced, delivery focussed environments
- Experienced translating large, complex datasets into clear, impactful designs
- You thrive working embedded in product and engineering teams
More about us:
Everyone at Xapien is working together to build something transformational. It’s hard, challenging and exciting work for which we all share in the rewards that come from success. We strive to pay great salaries for great people but most importantly, everyone in Xapien owns shares in the business we are building together.
For this role, we’re looking at a range between £70,000 to £90,000.
We are working to a hybrid model, you’ll be spending an around of 2 days a week working and having fun with us in our dedicated WeWork office in Moorgate. Outside that, you’ll find us working from home or in the office – it’s up to you!
We also provide a generous and rewarding working environment, including:
- You will own a meaningful part of the business through our employee shares & equity programme
- Private health insurance to keep you in tip-top condition
- Life Insurance – let’s hope nobody ever needs this!
- Unlimited holidays – yes, it’s really uncapped
- Everyone is learning, developing and challenging themselves so we have a £1k professional development fund per year
- Most importantly of all, we will work with you, to help you to realise your fullest potential.
On the day to day stuff:
- All the tools and software you need to be effective and make your working life easier
- Regular team lunches and drinks
- Flexible working hours meaning you can plan your workday around your own schedule
- Fun and inclusive monthly social events, from poker nights to axe throwing and mini-golf
- We want you to be your best self – we will be standing beside you on mental and physical wellbeing