Who is Redbubble
As the world’s largest marketplace for independent artists, our purpose is to create and inspire new ways of experiencing connection and a sense of belonging for every person. From everyday things, to the very thing, we connect people to millions of designs on any product, on demand.
Welcome to a place that will celebrate your achievements, celebrate you solving the hard problems not just the fixes and celebrate you rapidly getting to the core of the issue rather than striving for the perfect answer.
As the VP of Product, you will specifically partner with the CPO in a 2IC capacity, to set up the Product and Engineering functions for long term success, that drive tangible growth to the Redbubble business. This will include ownership of the overall Product Roadmap (producing and maintaining), managing programs of work for key cross stream initiatives, doing root cause analysis of shifts in key product metrics and working with other product team members to conduct deep dives on areas of strategic importance to frame up the problems, opportunities and best approaches to address.
As an effective leader with demonstrated experience building and growing product teams and contributing to a constructive, high performing company culture, you will manage holistic product roadmaps and frame strategic opportunities and business cases.
The VP of Product will be based in Melbourne, Australia; however, may be required to travel to other Redbubble locations (currently San Francisco, New York and Berlin) two to three times per year.
– Producing a product strategy and roadmap that drive step change improvements for Redbubble.
– Managing the outcomes and program of work for high priority, cross functional initiatives
– Completing deep dives of prioritised parts of the product experience, to help frame the opportunity and recommendations to address
– Track key product site metrics and where needed, conduct root cause analysis of trends and associated actions and recommendations.
– Partner with the CPO and product leadership peers to build and lead the Product management team, including hiring, onboarding and development of product managers and continuous improvement of product management practices at Redbubble.
– Partner with the CPO and Engineering team to establish a world class software development process that delivers the product and technical roadmap, enabling rapid experimentation to drive improvements across all aspects of the Redbubble experience.
– Partner with functional leadership to prioritise initiatives that will drive profitable, sustainable growth and manage risk.
– Be a trusted advisor of the Redbubble executive team, represent the company externally and be a beacon for talent.
What You’ll Bring:
– A proven record within a product management leadership capacity for a successful ecommerce product company. (Marketplace or consumer app experience is advantageous).
– Search and/or SEO experience preferred, but not essential
– Data-driven and highly analytical. Deep experience in data and customer insight-driven product management (experience with statistics and A/B testing would be advantageous).
– Building and embedding product management discipline, rituals and teams.
– Deep understanding of drivers of revenue generation, including the customer acquisition and transaction funnel and demonstrated experience driving transaction funnel improvements.
– Deep understanding of ecommerce and how to work effectively with a marketing function in order to encourage sales, and understanding of the financial side of ecommerce (i.e. payments).
– Passion for building user experience that delight and drive repeat.
– Strategic thinker – can quickly analyse what will really grow the product by looking for strategic accelerants, over just releasing features.
– Enjoy balancing the short-term tactical requirements and long-term strategic bets.
– Excellent communicator and facilitator, able to tailor communication style to different stakeholders including non-technical audiences, and can coach others to improve effectiveness of communication.
What We Offer:
– A high trust culture based on mutual respect
– Exposure to independent artists
– Personalised career planning
– Opportunity to work in a global organisation
– Equity in your package
– Monthly Wellness allowance
– Vouchers and discounts from our Redbubble website
We’re creatively inspired commerce. And that inspiration starts with you. With your drive for progress over perfection and your courage to come together in celebration of creativity over convention. You’re inspired by art and those who make it, and we’re inspired by you.
Life at Redbubble
Redbubble is a place where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work and to always value creativity and compassion above all else. Having the courage to take risks, speak up, ask for help, and connect with others, is how we accomplish more together.
In the same way that we are deeply committed to unlocking infinite opportunities for artists, their customers and the fulfillers, we are dedicated to providing a truly trusting workplace where you can grow, thrive and boldly aim higher than you previously thought possible.