Do you want to join us on our mission to shape democracies for the digital age? We are looking for a Product Designer to join our team and help us imagine what the future of civic participation and public consultations looks like.
As a Product Designer, you will a key role in shaping our consultation methods and overall platform structure to help policy-makers host engaging and meaningful consultations with their constituents. You help create solutions that make sure every voice is heard by processing and analyzing unstructured input generated by the community to better inform public decisions
You are a member of the cross-functional Methods and Structure squads, with two Product Manager and nine Engineers. We have clear objectives in terms of product outcome, and the autonomy to make them happen. You work closely together with the squads throughout the whole product discovery and delivery process. In this role, you will report to the team lead of the Product team.
Your responsibilities include:
Together with your squads, internal stakeholders, and end users, you work out different concepts for the problems researched by the product manager;
You use research techniques to inform your design decisions, and leverage tools such as wireframes, sketches, and live-data prototypes to test and improve product experience in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders;
You design components, interactions, and transitions in Figma and you thoroughly test the usability of the solution with real users and real data;
Together with other product designers and front-end engineers at CitizenLab, you continuously raise the bar in terms of design quality and process efficiency.
Requirements |What do we expect from you?
- You have at least 1 year experience designing SaaS products, ideally in B2B.
- You are comfortable using Figma.
- You enjoy participating in the entire product development process, from problem solving and system modeling, through to detailed UI, visual, and interaction design.
- You have a willingness to own problems and are comfortable with ambiguity.
- You have experience with both qualitative and quantitative techniques for user testing. And you find answers to your questions in data.
- You are proactively asking for feedback and input from stakeholders. You expose your work early on, and have no trouble killing your darlings.
- You understand what it takes to effectively collaborate with both product management and engineering, and you are an excellent communicator. Any hands-on experience writing code can be a plus.
- You are very fluent in English. Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- You are based in Europe or EU timezone. The ability to relocate to Brussels is a nice-to-have, but not a requirement at all.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and create social impact at scale. Day-to-day, we work with local government leaders across the world to help them connect with their communities.
Become a key factor in our rapid growth as scaleup (50 employees), and contribute to our international expansion.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and supportive environment. We share a participatory culture of autonomy and ownership by everyone, not only by leadership.
- Be part of our dynamic, international team. We are as serious about our work in digital democracy as we are about having fun on our journey together.
- Enjoy an informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in various in-person and remote team events, our company book club, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, and yearly global team retreats.
- Spend 10% of your time on personal projects and self-development for the long run. We’re committed to both collective and individual growth.
- Receive a competitive remuneration package. Our benefits include 26 days off, a professional development budget, a collective bonus plan, your own laptop, full flexibility on working from home, or from our Brussels office, and much more.