Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our award winning, technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of over 400 across 4 locations.
Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth and help change an industry for the better.
About the role
Motorway is seeking a talented Senior Product Designer to join our expanding team. You will be part of a cross-functional squad working alongside a Product Manager and Engineers, responsible for designing features for new product areas. You’ll also join our amazing Design Team and supported by our Head of Design and other Product Designers, User Researchers, UX Writers and Brand Designers.
Motorway is a design-focused organisation; extending to the founding team; with a very strong focus on creating amazing user experiences and high quality products. We have a creative and fun working environment where innovation is greatly encouraged.
Some of the things you’ll be doing are:
- Working in our post-sale experience, designing end-to-end customer journeys.
- Participating in user research and product planning to understand problems our users have and formulate hypotheses for testing.
- Leading discovery activities and running creative workshops.
Collaborating with the wider Design Team to share ideas and ensure a consistent approach to user experience and user interface design.
- Using tools (we primarily use Figma) to create compelling designs from lo-fidelity prototypes to finished screens ready to launch.
- Presenting to stakeholders, collaborating closely to ensure your design solutions align to business objectives.
- Be a valued member of the team, sharing your experiences and knowledge, living our values and adding to our culture.
Our team comes from a diverse range of backgrounds and team fit is important to us. As a Senior Product Designer we expect that you will have several of the following attributes:
- You have commercial experience as a Senior Product Designer in a cross-functional team, demonstrated by a strong portfolio.
- You have experience designing across both web and native iOS or Android apps.
- You have experience in leading discovery work including understanding stakeholder needs, conducting user research, and storytelling.
- You’re able to solve real problems through design, demonstrated by examples of projects or features that have had a measurable impact on the business or organisation.
- You have an exceptional eye for detail and a precise, accurate approach to creating design work.
- You have a proven track record in leading projects through to completion, managing stakeholders and inspiring your team along the journey.
- You’re a great team player with a strong sense of humility.
Design at Motorway is baked into our DNA, it’s how we win. You’ll be part of a diverse and experienced team where collaboration is a way of life as we push for innovation and excellence. We’re a friendly bunch with weekly team meetings to share ideas, learn new things and support each other.
And as well as that you’ll also get:
- A competitive salary
- Significant stock options – we succeed and fail together as a team – we want you to be included in our success
- BUPA private health insurance
- Annual learning budget with Learnerbly
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity leave
- Flexible working (approximately 1-2 days in the office a week)
- The option to work remote for a full month each year
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted Calm membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- A fun working environment with regular social events
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people
- Fast career progression and the ability to develop your own skills and experience quickly
Equal Opportunities Statement
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.