We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to take end-to-end ownership of our growing technology platform and provide product leadership to Knollwood’s internal and offshore engineering teams.
If you’re accustomed to working in a very large team, life at Knollwood should provide a
refreshing change of pace. You’ll have the opportunity to witness your ideas come to fruition
quickly and observe the impact of your decisions firsthand. You’ll also be able to engage in
meaningful conversations with passionate individuals, and build lasting relationships with your
Working with a small and dynamic global team, no day will be the same. Alongside conducting
research among internal teams, writing product requirements, refining the roadmap, and
fielding questions from our engineering team, you’ll also be interfacing with senior leadership to set the direction of Knollwood’s tech practice including investment, recruitment, and
Knollwood’s offices are based on the East Coast, and while we favor someone who can work with us on-site in Baltimore, we’ll happily consider candidates who can work remotely within
the ET time zone and are willing to travel occasionally for planning sessions.
You’ll be reporting directly to our Chief Technology Officer and working closely with the rest of our executive team, engineers, analysts, contractors, and our customers.
If you’re passionate about the intersection between finance and technology, this position may be an excellent fit for you.
• Working directly with our CEO and collaborating with senior leadership to refine and translate the company’s vision into a portfolio of successful products.
• Owning and monitoring the performance of Knollwood’s product portfolio, and developing and maintaining an ongoing strategic plan for all products based on that performance.
• Building and managing the full stack of the product processes at Knollwood, from roadmaps to sprint plans, and communicating updates regularly to the broader team at Knollwood.
• Providing product leadership to our internal and offshore engineering teams, and coordinating cross-product activities to ensure a cohesive process and product experience.
• Conducting market research, and gathering feedback from external users to understand their use-cases.
• Collaborating with internal teams to optimize data capture, extraction, and implementation across various reporting functions and machine learning projects.
• Working closely with Knollwood’s various fund managers to understand best practices across product development, portfolio analysis, and predictive modeling for identifying future investments, and working with Knollwood’s technology partners to continually evolve the technologies used.
Who you are
• You have a versatile set of skills, particularly in project management, as not every product in Knollwood’s portfolio will have someone dedicated to this.
• You’re able to clearly state and represent goals and objectives, and get your team excited about their mission.
• You understand investment concepts and related analytics, including venture capital, private equity, and other alternative investments.
• You have a track record of executing in all parts of the product lifecycle: design, development, launch, adoption.
• You have an entrepreneurial and positive personality, and are comfortable working in both structured and unstructured environments.
• You’re a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team context.
• You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and are able to quickly build trust and relationships with stakeholders including investment, accounting, reporting, legal, and outsource partners.
• You have strong analytical skills, and take a data-informed approach to decision-making.