OpenSC is an impact venture, co-founded by WWF and The Boston Consulting Group. We are on a mission to create technology-enabled transparency for supply chains – for the benefit of the planet and the people that live on it. OpenSC is a certified B Corp.
OpenSC’s products and solutions help companies know, influence and prove low-carbon and sustainable food production at source in an automated, continuous, and data-backed way.
OpenSC is looking for a Product Manager who will be responsible for building and executing the roadmap for a portfolio of sustainable production verification and supply chain transparency products.
The Product Manager works as an integrated part of our product team and guides the definition, design, building and communication of our products and services. They manage our product and services through their lifecycle, whether that is a scale-up across or within an industry or early retirement.
Your day to day will be filled with the following responsibilities:
Product vision and roadmap
- Collaborate with Business, Implementation, and Technology teams to establish the Product Vision and Roadmap and identify new opportunities.
- Define and communicate the value proposition and critical components for each OpenSC product and services you are responsible for
- Support new business opportunities with concise and clear definitions of the products and services within each of our commodity offerings
- Lead all phases of solution/product scope definition and requirement analysis.
- Identify and aggregate views and demands from customers, business partners and internal stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of their problems
- Define user profiles for each of our products and services
- Summarize complex technical topics and communicate them effectively for all stakeholders and varying levels
- Work closely with Designers to bridge the gap between strategic direction and user needs and interactions
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to convert the roadmap into a prioritized backlog of features
- Assess existing assets, and define clear level of re-usability and applicability across supply chains
- Facilitate and co-shape agile ceremonies such as Roadmap Planning meetings, Sprint Planning, Review, etc.
- Define acceptance criteria for features and stories
- Work with others to remove implementation and delivery roadblocks
- Work directly with the product design and delivery team to set clear expectations and assess deliverables for suitably satisfying implementation and customer needs
- Work with Leadership Team, Product Lead and other Product Managers to prioritize features and stories with external dependencies and obtains commitments
- Provide input for test strategies and implementations; ensures test strategies cover business and platform scenarios.
What we look for:
We’re looking for candidates that share our vision and mission and want to work on a unique solution that will have a huge impact on food production and global supply chains. Building a solution like this is not a simple task – we’re looking for people that embrace challenges, are comfortable with uncertainty and will go the extra mile to help us achieve our mission. A genuine desire for a more sustainable human impact on the environment is a must.
- Have at least 5 years of discovering, building or scaling digital products.
- Comfort and experience working with digital product development teams, in an agile environment: managed a backlog, including writing and accepting user stories
- Proficiency in English and in another language (i.e. Spanish, or French or Portuguese)
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical acumen to understand and frame complex challenges, and distill them into product components
- Strong communication skills to communicate complex problems to different audiences and translate customer needs into requirements
- Ability to make quick thought-through choices with decisiveness. Also comfortable to say no to internal stakeholders and customers.
- Result oriented and aptitude to prioritize the work to deliver results according to roadmap priorities and objectives
- Be able to work independently, as well as in multidisciplinary teams
- Have experience in B2B or enterprise product ownership.
- Be excited to join an impact-led start-up with a mission to drive transparency in supply chains to benefit people and the planet
- Be comfortable with change and be ready to embrace uncertainty
- Be excited about joining a small but fast-growing company
- Be comfortable working in multiple cultural contexts across various geographies and timezones
- Be comfortable working in a fully remote setup
Bonus points for:
- Experience in an agency, consultancy, or other project-focused environments
- Experience in an adjacent industry (supply chain, AgTech, logistics, manufacturing, agriculture, etc)
Experience with projects with a similar focus (sustainability, human rights, certification)
In your application, please include a short cover letter written in English that answers the question of why you would like to join OpenSC and what you feel you can add to the team.
Make a Real Difference
At OpenSC you’ll have the opportunity to create meaningful positive impact in the world. We’re working to tackle humanity’s grand challenges – saving the planet, ending modern slavery and promoting economic opportunity for some of the world’s poorest, most vulnerable workers. We’re addressing these challenges with highly innovative approaches, scalable technologies and a powerful network of experts, partners, and resources that are driving marked results.
Work on Cutting Edge Technology
We are working at the forefront of innovation with IoT, blockchain, data science and machine learning making world-class products that solve complex real-world challenges.
Join an Amazing Team and Network
You’ll be joining a talented, passionate, fun team united behind a big vision! Our employees also work alongside an incredible wider team from WWF, Humanity United, BCG Digital Ventures and our corporate partners. By joining OpenSC, you’re becoming a life-member of an unparalleled network of leaders and alumni from across these organisations around the globe.
Diversity & Inclusion
We place enormous value on diversity and inclusion with regards to gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, education, disability, disciplines and skillsets. We believe that the best ideas emerge when people with different perspectives and approaches work together on a problem. We want our team to feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and to sharing their most creative (and sometimes crazy!) ideas. The team who have built OpenSC to date has included people with German, Chinese, French, Colombian, British, Congolese, Polish, Australian, Indian, Hungarian, American, Greek, Indonesian, Spanish and Chilean backgrounds.
Sustainable & Flexible Work
Growing an early-stage venture takes energy and passion. Nevertheless, we believe in sustainable approaches to work that support work/life balance. We want our team to have rich and flourishing lives with their friends, family, and communities beyond the workplace. We support flexible working arrangements including hours and locations.