We truly care about every Payaran who comes into the business, see what some have to say below!
“My Favourite thing about working at Payara is working within a passionate team, knowing my contribution to the Payara platform can be used by thousands of people globally”
“My Favourite thing about working at Payara is working with people from all over the world, we’re different, we’re the same”
“My favourite thing about working at Payara is working with a group of people who inspire me to do my best everyday”
We are people leaning rather than profit leaning, which means our Payaran’s benefit from a whole lot of rewards including;
- Remote first
- Core and flexible working hours
- Companywide perks programme and enhanced employee benefits
- Enhanced annual leave
- Face to face and virtual company events
- Hybrid working is available for those close to the UK and Portugal office
Due to growth and Payara’s goal of scaling up, an opportunity is now available to join head up the Product team as a Senior Product Manager being responsible for the overall success of Payara Platform creating roadmaps and ensuring we are meeting customer needs and expectations. This would suit a candidate who has worked in a similar software environment (Java, Middleware) that has a horizontal infrastructure focus.
Please visit www.payara.fish/joinus for more details.
Check out our culture page on Instagram @payaraculture
Role: Senior Product Manager
Location: Europe (Remote)
Compensation: Rate dependent on local market location and experience
- Success of the Payara Enterprise product both in open-source adoption and in Enterprise Customers
- Tracking Competitors and positioning against competitors
- Obtaining Customer Feedback to understand customer challenges
- Building and communicating Product Vision
- Defining and communicating Product Roadmap
- Creating Feature definitions
- Tracking that implemented features meet the definition
- Coordinating Feature Launch
- Deciding on Feature deprecation
- Lead tasking in multi-functional product team
- Provide and develop best practice in Product Management in Payara
- Coordinate with Marketing, Sales and Service teams
- Work in International Industry Working Groups with all stakeholders to drive wider technology adoption
Essential Skills & Experience
- 3 years Java ecosystem knowledge
- 3 years Task management of a team
- 3 years Product Management in developer or system operations market
Key Skills & Knowledge
Ideally you will have worked for a larger organisation than Payara and will be able to transfer your knowledge and expertise to a scale up environment
- Strategic Thinking
- Strong communication skills both internally cross functional and externally with customers
- Presentation skills and ability to present to technical and non-technical audiences
- Product Management and Product Development Lifecycle
- Project Management
- Market Research
- Data analysis
- Understanding of business models, pricing.
- Leadership and task management
Personal Skills & Behaviors’
- Analytical and big picture thinking
- Strong communicator and able to present confidently to customers, engineering communities and speak at conferences
- Strong leader who can drive and communicate product vision across many functions and audiences
We are an equal opportunities employer. If you require reasonable adjustments due to a disability, please raise this when invited to an interview, stating the adjustments needed.
Please see our company (Recruitment) Privacy statement available at www.payara.fish
At Payara, you can make a real impact.
Payara is a global tech company, with a close community feel. We reward People who demonstrate initiative and passion.
We trust you to work autonomously, empowering you to shape your role, and influence the business and product development. Enjoy direct connections with all team members, including the founders. Personally and professionally, your voice as an individual is heard and valued at Payara.
Join for the development opportunities, stay for the immersive culture. From our top-rated, thorough onboarding to our extensive rewards and perks, our diverse team enjoys a sense of belonging as “Payarans” from Day One.
We grow fast organically, produce an industry-leading product, and work with the biggest global brands. We invite you, talented individuals globally, to play a key role in our exciting growth.