Want to help everyday Americans build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we believe in the power of simplifying investing, making it easy and affordable for everyday Americans to build wealth and achieve their financial goals.
We’re one of the fastest growing fintechs in the U.S. and have had another record-breaking year. In 2021 we almost doubled our headcount and valuation. Our personal finance app makes investing easy and affordable; this year 6 million customers set aside more than $3 billion with Stash.
Prioritizing People is one of our core values and has been key to a healthy work-life balance and a great sense of fulfillment and inclusion. We employ a true people first – hybrid model. Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office, or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
As VP of Product & Experience, you will report directly to our Head of Product and be responsible for strategizing, developing, delivering and executing on our product roadmap and vision for all Stash products and customer experiences. This includes our Invest and Bank products, Onboarding, Activation, and Engagement experiences, and all functionality that powers our application – Design System, Content Management, Notifications, etc.
Managing a diverse team of Product Managers, you will evangelize product strategy and drive thought leadership while working to coach, grow and develop each individual member of your team.
This is an incredible opportunity for a true leader and product visionary with proven success shipping software products to join the fastest growing financial services app in the United States. The time is NOW.
What you’ll do:
– Help lead and set the company’s strategic direction of our products, defining and articulating new opportunities, and working in close concert with executive leadership, our technology team, and various business teams to articulate specific goals
– Create the vision and articulate the short and long-term product strategy for our product teams, ensuring alignment with the – — -Product Roadmap for the larger Stash organization
– Collaborate across the organization and build strong relationships, especially with Design, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, Compliance, and Operations teams.
– Represent the customer by building impactful, personal relationships, championing them and bringing their voice into the product creation process and our core Stash Experiences
– Own our KPI’s, metrics and acquisition numbers inside and out and be prepared to discuss growth objectives at the drop of a hat
– Own the role of player/coach, rolling up your sleeves to work alongside your team, while providing thoughtful guidance, strong leadership development, mentorship and coaching for a team of product managers
What we’re looking for:
– 10+ years experience in FinTech, with at least 5 years leading high-performance teams.
– Deep experience working with financial products and working within a highly regulated industry is strongly preferred
– Deep experience owning roadmaps, product strategy and understanding how to rally teams behind and execute upon a thorough long-term plan
– Extensive experience working on large-scale user experience, brand, and content strategy transformations
– Strong understanding of all facets of bringing a product to market including: market analysis, product-market fit, positioning strategy, MVP’s, go-to-market strategy, pricing, testing, iterating based off of testing results, etc.
– Familiar with product development in Agile environments; experience with squad structures a plus
– Superior communication skills, including the ability to crystallize and broadly socialize insights into stakeholder needs that the stakeholders themselves may not be able to articulate
– Familiarity and comfort with data, data science including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor product KPI metrics
– Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities
– Strong ability to collaborate with C-level executives and work collaboratively with a driven leadership team