Who We Are
We are Datavalet, a growing player in the world of Wi-Fi, managed networks, and business software solutions. We’re creating the future of connected digital experiences. We are a mid-sized company with offices in Montreal, Toronto, and Charlotte, NC. Sustainable development is at the heart of everything we do, as illustrated by our Ecocert certification. We take care of our planet, our communities, and our social practices.
We’re a technology company, so we’re passionate about creating solutions that solve real problems and that are on the cutting edge.
We work hard but don’t take ourselves too seriously. You’ll find that we’re a diverse group of people that collaborates to innovate in an ever-evolving industry. If you’re tired of working in a stretched corporate environment where you are just a number, come and join us and have your voice heard!
That’s not all! We like to think we’re a fun group of people. If you’re looking for a company that constantly improves, offers career opportunities, and genuinely cares about its employees, consider working for Datavalet.
What We’re Looking for
We are seeking a seasoned B2B product leader to bring our team and product offering to new heights!
As the most senior product executive within the business, your overarching mandate will be to grow overall profitability of Datavalet’s value-add SaaS offering and managed networking platform. You will provide thought leadership to drive the development, execution and success of our next generation of analytics and engagement tools and managed network services.
This role will report to the CEO, and work closely with the CRO and pre-sales functions, and of course the Engineering teams.
Key Responsabilities and Accountability
Strategy and Growth
- Manage the technology lifecycle of new products, features or enhancements from conceptualization, requirements gathering, product specification, implementation review and release.
- Maintain and drive the future of the product and development roadmap. Drive prioritization of product feature development and ensure alignment across company leadership.
- Support marketing efforts and collaborate on product marketing activities, developing use cases and effectively positioning and pricing the product offering to grow profitability.
- Coordinate and execute market research programs and discussions with customers, developing business cases and promote new products.
Functional Management and Team Leadership
- Bring an entrepreneurial and product-led culture to Datavalet.
- Define and communicate clear goals, strategies, and results for product management and broader SaaS and services divisions. Manage to OKRs with Product Managers.
- Recruit, organize and develop staff to build a high performing team, applying product management best practices to support company objectives.
- Lead compliance efforts on data privacy matters including GDPR, CCPA, PIPEDA, Quebec’s Bill 64 and other relevant and upcoming legislation.
- Research, lead, and champion sustainability efforts in Datavalet products and services
Skills and Qualifications
- 7-10 years of progressive relevant experience in Product Management.
- 3+ years of people management experience (i.e. coaching and developing your Product Management team), or solid track record of rapid career progression.
- Experience planning and delivering enterprise B2B SaaS and service products.
- Knowledge of enterprise networking industry and technologies is required (Wi-Fi/Wi-LAN, LAN, WAN and wireless networks).
- Entrepreneurial leadership experience and/or experience scaling growth stage technology companies. Comfortable with and leading change.
- Ability to lead and inspire confidence in your team and customers while dealing with uncertainty, resource constraints, and Agile software development.
- Highly collaborative leader with the ability to build and lead a team to work effectively in a fast-paced, energetic and high growth environment.
You will have the opportunity to work in a flexible hybrid schedule, allowing for better work-life balance.
We’re happy to say we have a diverse group of people at Datavalet. We have people from many different backgrounds and cultures. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, age, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender expression.