Head of Data Products – Leading Retail Business
£120,000- £150,000 DOE
London based, with 2 days per week in Manchester
We are thrilled to be exclusively partnering with this awesome bunch, in their search for a Data Product Leader (very open to job title!) This is a crucial role in the business, with a wide scope and lots of opportunity to make serious impact across their data and digital products.
They are a close-knit team of senior Managers in a business who are responsible for leasing plans and strategy, currently on-site at a very well-known retailer.
You’ll be reporting directly into the CEO, and responsible for managing a roadmap of data and analytics products for this Retail business.
This is a senior level, individual contributor role with no line management. You’ll work closely with senior stakeholders, collaborate with cross functional teams, and a large aspect of your role will be to ensure high governance standards and compliance are always met, working closely with their outsourced DPO.
For each project, you’ll be responsible for:
- Scoping: Defining the project scope, goals and deliverables, whist collaborating with stakeholders and senior management
- Building: working within cross functional teams to make sure the project requirements and outcomes are met, fully implemented, and the goals are achieved
- Product/Process Management: you’ll oversee the project budget, resources, and timeline to ensure everything is running smoothly
You’ll also lead the procurement process for aspects such as their 3rd party data, ticketing and payment platforms, and also their outsourced data analytics providers (who we also recruit for, and they are a really fantastic bunch!)
Experience you’ll need:
- Experience as a senior level Product Leader, with a strong track record of building data products
- Brownie points for a background in a retail or events environment!
- A natural leader, with strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Great knowledge of project management methodologies, especially agile
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- More brownie points for experience with ticketing and payment platform
You will have 3 main bases: your home, their London office, and Manchester. The team do need someone who is willing to travel between these locations which could be up to weekly, depending on the business need, and some weeks there will be no travel at all and you can be based from home.
For context, much of the team will on average work 2 days in London, 2 days in Manchester, and 1 day from home.
If this sounds like your next venture, please submit your CV and we’ll be in touch to discuss.