Do well by doing good.
EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies. Millions of consumers use our content and tools to research and evaluate solar, batteries, community solar and other energy products and services. Our brand is trusted by consumers, thought leaders, and the media. Check out our coverage in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post and more.
We are a team of passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals who are dedicated to making renewable energy options more accessible and affordable to consumers. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with teams in Serbia, we are currently 100+ employees and growing rapidly.
Our team is working in a hybrid setup from our Boston Financial District office: 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
Learn more about our company and our team: www.energysage.com/about-us/company
Product Management at EnergySage
We have grown by focusing on the needs of the customer – their problems, motivations, and limitations, and we relentlessly champion for them. We’re a two-sided marketplace with one of the most well-recognized and trusted brands for solar shopping in the US. Our team needs your help to build on this momentum as we introduce new home electrification products into our marketplace.
The product team currently consists of 9 high performing product managers who are highly engaged in the work we do and care deeply about each other and our mission to empower people to make smarter energy decisions through simplicity, transparency, and choice.
This role: Senior Product Operations Manager
As a Senior Product Operations Manager, reporting to the Chief Product Officer, you will be a leader on a team charged with developing an effective, outcome-oriented product organization. You will hone existing processes and introduce new frameworks used to scale product knowledge, drive data-conscious product decisions, and develop responsive execution. This role requires deep user empathy for EnergySage’s customers as well as internal stakeholders in go-to-market teams. You will be expected to have well defined points of view, prioritize initiatives based on customer value and business outcomes, and challenge internal teams to rethink their operating models.
What You’ll Do
Product Analytics & Insights
- Develop a consistent method to track product health metrics and customer adoption metrics to drive product planning that is consistent with business objectives
- Analyze product usage data and build the dashboards (we use Heap and Periscope) to help the team make informed decisions
- Help survey customers and set up user interviews, and help take notes and summarize learnings
- Together with the Chief Product Officer, execute the processes for quarterly OKR product planning (including OKRs), release/launch planning, and cross-team communication
- Support product team agile processes and ensure the team is effectively utilizing tools and agile best practices
- Drive communications of product plans upward and outward across the organization
- Be the primary point of contact for various customer facing teams (support leadership, strategy & operations, launch readiness teams) as the product roadmap SME, participating in support model design, collecting stakeholder feedback, bringing it back to Product, and providing regular updates on the evolving roadmap
- Understand and communicate all upcoming product features and user experience changes to key stakeholders like Operations and Marketing
- Together with the Chief Product Officer, drive awareness, growth and maturity of the Product function
What You’ll Need
- 4+ years of work experience in a cross-functional role in technology or operations, strong preference for a digital marketplace, eCommerce site, or other consumer technology.
- Deep experience with SQL and querying databases using tools like Periscope or Tableau and comfort presenting data to all layers of leadership
- Experience owning the implementation of digital product analytics platforms like Heap, Panda, or GA
- Familiarity with OKRs and organizing regular product planning cycles with 10+ agile teams across multiple locations.
- Expertise with knowledge and work management tools like Confluence, Jira, and Trello.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Cross functional collaboration and negotiation skills
- Ability to work with ambiguity and be flexible/nimble
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job – but we believe there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications above, we’d still love to hear from you. Tell us about the unique qualities you might bring in your cover letter.
We are EnergySage
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.