Director, Product Management (Remote)
You’ll report to Fleetio’s VP of Product and be accountable for driving a product that customers will be glad to buy, and users will be glad to use. You’ll partner with leaders across Fleetio on strategy, planning, and execution. The right solutions for the right target market at the right time.
Fleetio (pronounced “flee-tee-oh”) is a leading provider of fleet management SaaS that helps organizations of all sizes track, analyze, automate, and manage their vehicles and equipment. With a purpose-built, easy-to-use, and comprehensive suite of tools and features, Fleetio makes it easy for fleet managers to optimize their operations, reduce costs, and improve safety and compliance.
We’ve become a trusted partner for thousands of businesses across the globe, from small startups to large enterprises. With a focus on innovation, customer success, and sustainable growth, Fleetio is on a mission to transform fleet management.
What makes us special, you might ask? We’ve been remote-friendly since 2012 and have won Birmingham Alabama’s Best Places to Work four years in a row. We have over 250 employees in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. We raised a $21M Series B in late 2020 and have over 4,700 customers in 70 countries. We’re on an exciting trajectory as a company and ready for you to join us.
More about our product and company:
- Fleetio product overview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlvIbwZT3oU
- Our careers page: https://www.fleetio.com/careers
- Check us out on Glassdoor (i.e., people love working here): https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Fleetio-Reviews-E1745407.htm
This is a full-time role that can be held at our HQ in Birmingham, Alabama, or remotely anywhere in the continental United States. Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you actually read this.
What you’ll be doing
- Define and own a differentiated, data-informed product vision, strategy, OKRs, goals, milestones, and roadmap.
- Lead a team of PMs to maximize their effectiveness and uplevel their career growth.
- Foster a culture of impact, risk-taking, experimentation, iteration, collaboration, learning, and sound decision-making.
- Understand the underserved needs of our customers and the broader fleet management market.
- Drive features through their entire creative cycle. Discovery, ideation, specification, test, delivery, launch / GTM, analysis, and iteration.
- Identify opportunities for differentiation, expansion, and zero-to-one innovation.
- Drive conversion, activation, adoption, engagement, and retention.
- Collaborate with Engineering to optimize processes, problem-solving, scope, quality, velocity, predictability, and accountability.
- Collaborate with Design on a remarkable UX that is intuitive, engaging, and helpful.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to gather insights, create launch plans, improve pricing/monetization, optimize onboarding, craft value propositions, and communicate roadmaps.
- Collaborate with Enablement and customer-facing teams to improve awareness, win rates, and retention curves.
- Serve as an ambassador for Fleetio’s product and product team, and roll up your sleeves.
- 8+ years in product management – shipping and scaling web and mobile B2B SaaS.
- 4+ years leading empowered product teams.
- Passion for customer and business success, running a tight ship, and the craft of PM.
- Self-aware self-starter with a great product sense, curiosity, attention to detail, grit, a growth mindset, and always learning.
- Comfortable conceptualizing products, features, and solutions by weighing customer, business, and engineering needs.
- Ability to champion an egoless environment where PMs are inspired to do their best work.
- Experience with hybrid product-led growth and sales-led growth motions.
- Excellent writing, speaking, presentation, collaboration, prioritization, and persuasion skills.
- Strategic, analytical, creative, and data-informed in how you work and inform decisions.
- Embody our core values of intelligence, intensity, integrity, and ownership.
- A desire to pursue and rally around our mission and vision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Design, Computer Science, or relevant field.
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO – 4 weeks
- 10 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop + new hire equipment stipend
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks & snacks
- Remote working friendly since 2012
Fleetio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
This application is not intended to and does not create a contract or offer of employment. Employment with Fleetio is at will.
If you have a disability or a special need that requires an accommodation to fill out the online application, please let us know by calling (205) 718-7500 or emailing email@example.com.