About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
One Acre Fund is growing fast: we aim to more than double in scale within the next five years. We are looking for a passionate professional with analytic, project management, and stakeholder engagement skills to contribute to this growth in the Office of the Managing Director, where they will work on strategy, partnerships, board management, and fundraising.
Reporting to our Strategy and Partnerships Manager (SPM), you would own relationships with several key funding partners, while working closely with the SPM and Managing Director (MD) on a portfolio of strategic initiatives. You would serve as a thoughtful, reliable, analytic partner to the SPM and MD on a number of projects, including:
- Collaborate with the MD to steward relationships with our highest-value donors
- Work across the Business Development, M&E, Comms, and Finance teams to introduce new tools and systems to strengthen strategic and operational alignment
- Partner with the SPM and MD on thought leadership initiatives – pen think pieces; share One Acre Fund’s work at conferences; etc.
- Engage with one or more of One Acre Fund’s Boards of Directors. This includes developing materials to share strategic and operational updates; presenting during biannual meetings; maintaining consistent lines of communication; etc.
- Conduct strategic research to support departmental priorities
- Support the MD’s work to manage One Acre Fund’s US/Europe Office, including culture, DEI, and professional development of staff
- This highly-trusted collaborator will have a line of sight in org-level strategic decision-making. Roughly half this team member’s time will be devoted to managing funder partnerships, and half to the variety of strategic, thought leadership, board management, research, and other analytic responsibilities mentioned above. This is a career-track position, with a two-year minimum. It offers multiple pathways to management based on performance and preference.
- Effectively and reliably manage complex projects, including proactively setting project goals, mapping out detailed tasks, engaging with stakeholders, and driving towards defined outcomes
- Engage in clear, effective written and verbal engagement with funders and other external stakeholders
- Synthesize clear takeaways from complex information and data sources to create quality deliverables, including written reports/proposals and presentation decks
- Conduct strategic research to identify and assess potential new partners for One Acre Fund
- Proactively own and improve replicable tasks required to maintain positive partnerships
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2+ years of professional experience
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects from start to finish, with a high degree of accountability
- Experience with direct stakeholder management
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience with strategic research projects
- Strong quantitative analysis skills, with experience in financial modelling and impact analysis a strong plus
- Strong fluency in Microsoft and Google applications
- Genuine commitment to rural communities. You are passionate about providing opportunities to the hardest-working farmers on the planet.
- We have a preference for management consulting experience but are open to applicants from a variety of professional backgrounds.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
New York, Washington DC, USA or Remote, Eastern Time Zone
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of the United States of America
13 July 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.