Do you want to get paid to change the world? Mission Measurement is looking for an entrepreneurial product manager who has 5-7 years of experience commercializing data products and wants to apply their expertise to improving the lives of people around the world.
Founded in 2005, Mission Measurement (MM) is the world leader in measuring and reporting outcomes for the social sector. Our data, tools, and advisory services have helped thousands of nonprofits around the world to measure outcomes, and many of the world’s leading corporations, governments, and foundations. In 2017, we launched the Impact Genome® – the industry’s first standardized measurement and learning platform. By subscribing to the Genome, any social program can evaluate its impact in minutes, benchmark its results, and improve its performance. MM is now rolling out the Genome to the mass market, making impact measurement accessible to any nonprofit, social program, government agency and funder globally – leading to dramatically improved results.
Mission Measurement has pioneered the next generation of tools for decision-makers in government and philanthropy. Specifically, the Impact Genome® is a subscription-based research and reporting platform that helps policymakers evaluate and benchmark the performance of social programs. The Genome uses data pulled from academic research studies and grant reports, indexed to a universal taxonomy, to inform decisions, estimate ROI, benchmark and compare heterogenous programs and aggregate portfolio impact. The platform is operational and is currently in use in the market today as a 1.0 version; it needs to be fully evolved into a commercial-grade, fully-automated software platform.
MM is looking for a “product entrepreneur” who is more than just a manager – someone who can fully own and execute a product vision. As the Product Manager, you’ll own features that Government and Nonprofit world-changers use day in and day out to manage and report the results of their social change initiatives. The Product Manager must be able to work with key stakeholders across various business units to develop the product vision and the prioritized steps to achieve that vision, along with clearly defined success metrics.
The Product Manager must develop strong partnerships and clearly communicate with stakeholders to ensure the product’s successful implementation.
The ideal candidate:
- Loves technology and loves creating disruptive, transformational products
- Has successful P&L experience and wants to take ownership for the success of the product
- Knows how to manage development teams and has a network of technology talent to draw from in helping us build a world-class technology platform
- Brings experience from a start-up or successful platform data business like Morningstar, Bloomberg, Factset, Experian, Equifax, Reed Elsevier, Moody’s, Nielsen, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Product Manager will be expected to:
- Develop and steward a product vision, pricing strategy and market requirements for MM’s Impact Genome platform.
- Drive market success, develop strategic partnerships, and engage with customers for product feedback
- Know your data, measure KPIs, and make data-driven decisions
- Provide clear communication and coordination across business, sales, operations, design and development teams.
- Be entrepreneurial. This is a brand-new market and the sky is the limit. We are looking for energy, new ideas and vision blended with proven practice, experience and solid execution.
- Proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
- 5-7 years of Product Management or related experience
- Highly technical, quantitative, creative, entrepreneurial
- Deep analytical, problem solving, communication and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities: must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical teams, executive management, partners and customers
- Can-do attitude and comfort with ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Employee stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage