What we’re looking for:
An experienced principal product manager with extensive customer facing experience and a strong technical background to help shape the XenServer vision, develop product strategy and manage the product roadmap.
As a key part of the XenServer product management team, the product manager bridges technical and business worlds, balancing customer needs, product priorities and resource constraints to drive our mission in enabling our customers to evolve, compete and succeed with their XenServer virtualised environments.
XenServer is a commercial virtualisation platform based on the open-source Xen hypervisor. XenServer powers everything from government organisations, multi-thousand seat virtual desktop deployments, super-fast network load balancers, all the way up to some of the largest public and private clouds in the world.
What you’ll be doing:
· Drive customer engagement to ensure commercial success of the product, articulating XenServer value propositions, capturing feedback and determining how this might influence the product roadmap. This will require developing a deep understanding of the virtualisation market and our customers’ needs.
· The delivery of customer presentations and creation of sales collateral including building a strong base of referenceable customers.
· Work closely with our agile development teams to ensure that XenServer achieves key objectives and aligns with business needs, creating initiatives, grooming user stories, helping establish feature benefit hypotheses and associated acceptance criteria.
· Proactively engage with customers and CTP community to collect insight and data to inform and support decision making, analysing and identifying the gaps / enhancements needed for the XenServer product to maximise profitability.
· Liaise with the partner engineering team to evaluate requests from our partners (e.g. tier one OEMs) for consideration alongside customer requirements.
· Develop growth opportunities beyond current markets either by expanding the existing customer footprint or creating new market opportunities.
· Help in establishing KPIs, OKRs, business case creation and associated ROI and input into pricing, packaging and release strategy discussions.
Essential Skills & Experience:
· Extensive customer facing experience and proven effectiveness in building high-trust relationships both externally and internally in a product manager capacity.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills and the rare ability to be able to frame difficult technical concepts within the wider context of business and commercial needs to audiences from C-level executives to team members.
· Strong stakeholder management skills and real-world experience with both the art and science side of product management. To include demonstrable ability to think creatively and critically, to synthesise data and draw insights, formulate and validate hypotheses based on data.
· Quick to learn and understand new technical concepts and technologies, with hands-on experience in working within an agile development environment.
· Prior experience of shipping great products, from concept to launch.
· Have a bachelor’s degree (2:1 or higher) from a Russell Group University, preferably in software engineering or computer science.
· 5+ years of experience in product management in the enterprise software market segment.
· This role is based in our Cambridge UK office.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
· A basic understanding of operating systems concepts.
· Any knowledge of server virtualisation in general, XenServer in particular 🙂
· Ideally a software engineering and programming background; capable of reading product requirements, designs and code.
What you’re looking for:
This is an incredibly exciting time to be a part of the XenServer team. If you’re a product manager, we’ll give you plenty of ways to exercise your skills on cutting edge technology. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If this sounds like you then we’d love to talk.