Principal Product Manager – Core & AI Product [REMOTE]
Plate IQ helps fast growing businesses automate accounts payables on their terms. We simplify everything from invoice management to payments for both recurring and one-off expenses with a cloud-first approach that enables remote work. Plate IQ’s AP Automation and VendorPay Network helps businesses pay and get paid faster.
At Plate IQ, passion generates excitement for what we do and how we do it. With passion at the heart of everything we do, we nurture ideas, inspire excellence, and find creative ways to eliminate obstacles for cultivating growth. The positive attitude with which we assist one another develops open, honest, and genuine connections. Above all, we celebrate and embrace our differences. We invest in each other because we win or lose as a team.
Our values are at the center of our company and culture. At Plate IQ, we value: Growth, Customer Focus, Innovation, Accountability, and Communication.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to fully own our world-class and high-growth AP Automation product. Within this role, you will oversee all critical aspects of our core product offering, including setting product strategy, driving and executing on the product roadmap, leading feature enhancements, managing a high-performing team of product managers, and defining day-to-day tactics of delivering customer needs with excellence. In this role you’ll be able to help thousands of businesses leverage AI in their Accounts Payable process.
The ideal candidate has prior product management in a B2B SaaS/fintech environment, excels as a player/coach, is a phenomenal written and verbal communicator, has excellent analytical skills, leads through influence internally and externally, has experience managing AI-driven products, and thrives in a highly visible role (including senior, C-Suite, and Board levels).
● Own core AP Automation product; acting as product owner to define long-term vision and set day-to-day tactics of delivering customer needs with excellence.
● Translate a product vision and strategy into tactical plans; incorporating innovation into the product and plans and leading and influencing internal teams to execute on those plans
● Conduct research and competitive intelligence to identify and capitalize on market and product opportunities.
● Define, measure, and improve key product metrics.
● Build effective relationships, communicate, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including gathering and translating requirements and executing on plans.
● Leverage data and analytics to drive decisions, features, strategy, and customer experience.
● Oversee product rollout and release plans, testing plans, internal and external training materials, and all the last-minute decision-making required to get something incredible out the door.
● Collaborate with operations to ingest customer feedback, understand customer needs, and develop future improvements.
● Present recommendations, decisions, and accompanying analyses to senior leadership/Board of Directors to build alignment and gain buy-in.
● Manage complex product issues, quickly analyzing problems and providing recommendations that inform roadmap priorities and address the needs of clients and key stakeholders.
● Lead other projects, duties, and initiatives, as assigned.
● 5+ years of experience in Product Management at an agile B2B SaaS company.
● 1+ years of experience managing an AI-driven SaaS product.
● Excels as a player coach with ability to manage and develop a high-performing team of junior product managers and prior leadership experience.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Strong analytical skills
● Prior startup experience with a willingness to wear multiple hats and roll up sleeves in a fast-paced and ambiguous startup environment.
● Experience in a remote environment with a strong ability to engage, lead, and communicate in a digital environment.
● Thrive in a highly visible role with accountability in front of customers, Senior/C-Suite leaders, and Board of Directors.
● Demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships and collaborate effectively with engineers, designers, etc. to deliver products.
● Proven ability to lead and coordinate teams, manage stakeholders, and work cross-functionally in an agile environment.
A Recipe For Total Rewards
We care deeply about making Plate IQ an incredible place to work and invest a significant amount of time and energy into creating and maintaining a company culture that provides our team with a generous level of support whilst inspiring them to do their best work.
The specific benefits/perks we offer are continually evolving, but currently include:
● Compensation: $160 – $200K (based on experience and skillset)
● Work from home in an energetic remote-first environment that supports flexible working hours and understands work-life balance.
● Competitive salary based on skills & experience.
● Medical, Dental, Vision and other Company-Subsidized Benefits for you and your family.
● Employer sponsored 401(k) with company match.
● Paid Time Off (and the encouragement to use it).
● Annual company retreats.
● Promote from within philosophy.
Beyond the tangible benefits though:
● You will be part of a growing team, at a pinnacle moment of scale for the business, and experience the excitement of working in a startup where each action makes a huge difference.
● You will have the agency to solve difficult problems creatively, the freedom to explore work that inspires you, and infrastructure to ensure you’re constantly challenged and developing.
● You will work with sharp, passionate teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and positioning our product as a premier finance automation solution.
● Our commitment to empowering a diverse and inclusive workforce, celebrating differences, and creating a safe space for our employees to bring their whole selves to work is second to none.
● We are transforming entire industries using innovative technology including Artificial Intelligence, Payment Tech, and Neural Networks.
● Our leaders lead with a people-first approach; inspiring excellence, nurturing ideas, and finding creative ways to eliminate obstacles for cultivating growth.
● We truly love what we do and who we do it with – and we think you will too!
Plate IQ is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or marital status. If you are excited about the role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. Nothing in this job posting should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.