We are looking for a Head of Product Management to lead the Product practice at Sedex, including a team of Product Managers, Designers, and researcher staff that work across several multi-discipline product development teams.
Product Vision & Strategy
• Own the product vision, strategy, and roadmaps, aligning with the company mission and goals
• Gain buy-in across the business by communicating the vision and progress to all stakeholders
• Constantly evaluate industry trends, customer needs and competitor landscape to help steer both the business strategy and the product roadmap
• Continuously define and measure success in the context of business vision
• Lead and develop a high performing team of Product Managers, Designers, and Researchers, setting goals and objectives, providing guidance and mentorship, and promoting best in class product practices
• Develop clear roles expectations and career development for the team members Collaboration & communication
• As part of the Product Development leadership team, work closely with the CTO, Head of Engineering and Head of Delivery to ensure that our practices and cross- functional teams are optimised to support the delivery of the business strategy and
• Build relationships with and influence internal and external stakeholders, understand their needs, effectively managing their expectations and defining a common vision
• Use insights, data, trends, problem-definition and validation to define and iterate the vision, product strategy, and intended outcomes for the products, demonstrating alignment to the wider portfolio vision and business objectives
• Develop a deep understanding of and advocate for the needs and pain points of our users, based on market insights, user research and product analytics
• Maximise the commercial opportunities within the business through product development, including iterations on existing propositions and the development of new revenue generating products
• Steer and support multiple Product Delivery teams to prioritise backlogs, keeping the overall vision and priorities for the programme front of mind, and enable them to be accountable for problem-spaces, define and measure success and deliver iteratively
for the highest customer and business value
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Have 5+ years of experience in developing and leading a product function in an established business, including product management, product design, and research specialists
• Have 10+ years working as a product manager, building web-based products and services where data and insight is core to the proposition
• Be an Expert in Product Discovery methods. Knows what method to execute and when
• Be Experienced influencing stakeholders at all levels of a business, including both executive and board level
• Have managed products in many different stages of the product lifecycle – concept to launch, ongoing iterations and improvements, full redevelopment etc
• Have experience with and be comfortable managing complex, cross-functional initiatives (planning, execution, and delivery)
• Be able to understand complex technical issues, discern impact, and be able to explain the situation to maximize clarity and drive resolution
• Be an advocate for organisation structure that partners product and engineering functions in small multi-discipline teams
• Self-aware self-starter with a great product sense and commercial mindset
• Strategic, analytical, creative, and data-informed in how you work and inform decisions
• Excellent writing, speaking, presentation, collaboration, prioritization, and persuasion skills
• Excellent communicator, strategic thinker and problem solver
• Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams and diverse internal stakeholders
Over 75,000 global companies have chosen Sedex as their trusted partner to create more socially and environmentally sustainable businesses and supply chains.
Sedex’s platform, tools and services allow members to collect, share and analyse data and manage risks in their supply chain. We enable businesses to identify issues such as forced labour, low wages and gender discrimination, and work with their suppliers to
improve business practices to have better social and environmental impact.
Our Vision is to be a leader in making global supply chains more socially and environmentally sustainable.
Our Mission is to supply data-driven insight through the most accessible tools and services. We engage with companies and our community to continuously improve their environmental, social, and governance (ESG) outcomes.
At Sedex, we are passionate about helping businesses become truly sustainable and ethical across their operations and supply chains. We believe that all people have the right to a safe workplace, where they are treated with respect and paid fair wages, free of harassment and discrimination. We strive to achieve these beliefs through inclusive behaviours that embody our values of being collaborative, responsible, transparent, quality driven and committed to service excellence.
We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and thrive at work – in every country, in everything we do, every day. We are focused on providing a culture characterised by inclusive everyday behaviours built on a foundation of respect and appreciation for
diversity in all its forms.
Sedex is committed to protecting the privacy of its website users and members. Sedex uses any personal information you submit to us in accordance with this policy. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires us to ensure that any personal
information you provide us is processed fairly and lawfully. Sedex is the data controller in relation to any personal information you submit.