An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Product Owner based in our London headquarters, reporting to the Product Manager. The core purpose of this role is to support the creation of new products and services for Pole Star in the assigned target markets. This role will support the full product lifecycle of the products and services assigned. You will be a key team member in developing new features to meet the needs of the market and responding to competitive threats.
You will be the voice of the Business, voice of the Customer and decision maker, working closely with the Product Manager and Business Stakeholders to understand, articulate and communicate customer requirements.
You will be an Agile coach and mentor for Product Owners in the team, and taking ownership of products and services from a delivery perspective, working closely with Technology teams and defining acceptance criteria and specifications.
Success in this role will require product ownership and business analysis experience, end to end project lifecycle knowledge and experience with high quality documentation. You will demonstrate deep knowledge of Agile and you will have experience with user centred design, requirements analysis and elicitation. You will have excellent stakeholder management skills and confidence to challenge others in the right way. You’ll have the ability to manage a demanding workload, handle conflicting priorities and ideally have Maritime, RegTech or Logistics industry experience.
Pole Star is an open, trusted, collaborative environment. We are looking for a team player that will flourish in this empowering environment and is keen to have some fun along the way.
It is a varied and valuable role that encompasses:
- Leading the requirements gathering effort by working collaboratively with business stakeholders and engaging with customers
- Creating a vision of what we are trying to achieve and conveying this to the team
- Writing user stories, acceptance criteria, stocking, grooming and prioritizing backlog.
- Ensuring the timely availability and accuracy of requirements, so the delivery teams can develop software as efficiently as possible.
- Producing release plans, participating in show and tells and contributing to release communications
- Analyse customers, the wider marketplace, regulatory environments, products and services to proactively identify areas of improvement
- Working with the other members of the Product Team and in collaboration with other business stakeholders create and get approval for business cases for new products and services
- Develop broad subject matter expertise on products and services under your remit
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years of experience as a Product Owner in a technology, software development or SaaS business
- Deep knowledge and experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment with the ability to lead requirements capture, write user stories, shape the vision, prioritise backlog
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or equivalent qualification a distinct advantage
- Proven experience of product development and delivery, in particular software and cloud based products
- A solid grasp of the principles and application of user-centred design techniques
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, drives for simplicity and clarity, able to confidently present and influence senior management
- Demonstrated understanding of broader technology trends such as big data/analytics, mobile, satellite, security, cloud, etc. and advantage.
- Maritime, Logistics, RegTech or Finance industry understanding a definite advantage