At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 30 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and Washington D.C. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset – using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success – building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner – holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging – recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a seasoned Senior Product Manager to help us develop world-class data infrastructure and governance processes that can serve the needs of Guild members at scale.
As a Senior Product Manager at Guild, you will help to ensure achievement of Guild’s roadmap in service of our mission and company goals. In this role, you will lead planning for a data governance team and scale our governance & privacy infrastructure to support millions of Americans while they gain the skills and support they need to grow in their careers.
As a Senior Product Manager you will:
- Lead product development for data quality and governance, conceiving and launching user-focused, high-quality products that empower us to meet our data governance and privacy goals.
- Work closely with fellow engineering, architecture, and business leadership to define our product vision and strategy for data governance, observability and privacy.
- Become an authority on our data and requirements for data privacy and governance, including self-sufficient monitoring of key developments in privacy regulations and data protection laws.
- Ask questions that help the team continuously improve our speed, accuracy and service quality outcomes.
- Partner with internal customers throughout Guild — from marketing to customer teams to product and data squads — to balance their needs and create the ‘right sized’ solutions.
- Obsess about the right ways of measuring success and driving self-serve value.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5 years of experience in product management or a similar function; 3+ years direct experience leading Data Governance or Data Privacy squads.
- A natural curiosity! You want to understand what matters to the business and prioritize based on Guild’s broader objectives to help students at scale.
- A drive for understanding, translating and communicating complex data governance and privacy concepts to audiences across an organization. You can explain (both verbally and in writing) the pipeline of data from collection to visualization; and how data governance, observability, and privacy play a key role at every stage of the pipeline.
- A solid understanding of the product development process and agile methodologies across both discovery and delivery, and a strong foundation of user-centered design.
- A proven track record leading successful product delivery, especially under conditions of ambiguity and change. You guide those around you to sequence work effectively, make pragmatic decisions on what not to do, and deliver meaningful results on time.
- Strong technical proficiency – be effective at using your technical depth and the voice of the customer to partner with and earn trust of a world-class Engineering organization.
- A demonstrated track record of working independently to drive outstanding business results, especially under conditions of ambiguity, high growth, and change.
- Commitment to Guild’s mission to unlock opportunity for America’s workforce through education.
- You have built data-rich platforms that rely on multi-sided markets serving distinct customers and personas.
- You have multiple years of experience with modern cloud-based data infrastructure platforms, including relevant experience building products that use Big Data, AI/ML, data storage technologies like Snowflake or AWS Aurora, data governance and catalog platforms like Monte Carlo or Collibra, and data privacy/discovery tools like Lightbeam.ai or OneTrust.
- You have some experience working with ETL/ELT and reporting tooling platforms such as Fivetran, DBT, Looker or Tableau.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $150,000 – $195,000, as well as company stock options.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth