You’re talented and adaptable. That’s why you’ll fit in.
As well as discovering, mining, and processing many of the essential raw materials that enable, support and enhance modern life, our global business is involved in marketing and trading products – copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal, nickel and diamonds. Through our Marketing Business and our ‘Material Solutions Provide’ strategy, we are able to offer innovative solutions to meet our customers’ specific challenges. This includes physical products, logistics and technical support, as well as pricing and financing solutions.
One of the critical enablers to our success is to embed a new portfolio of digital products and services, innovative concepts, and analytics capabilities. The Digital and Innovation Team is an outcome driven team charged with identifying, designing, and implementing digital products and services to enable commercial business value across the marketing and trading value chain using innovative technologies, business models and ecosystem partnerships to uplift their bottom-line results.
Product Managers at Anglo American are empowered to solve hard problems; they drive the vision, strategy and delivery for digital products. They partner with senior stakeholders across Marketing to set product vision and strategy, clearly understand user and company needs, articulate what success looks like for the product and rallies team members to help turn that vision into reality. This includes but is not limited to capturing and prioritizing business outcomes; adapt/re-work user experiences, and develop business cases and plans that realize, track, and refine the uplift gained from digital products.
Performance & Delivery
- Gain a deep understanding of user/customer needs and experience, identify, and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that improve customer experience and drive product growth.
- Develop a user centric product vision and create buy-in for the vision with key internal stakeholders.
- Translate the vision into strategy, key outcomes and associated features and experiments.
- Envision and map out existing and to-be business processes in a succinct, communicable manner to non-technical audience.
- Ensure frequent, transparent, clear and relatable updates to business and functional stakeholders.
- Keep a lookout and build good understanding of external competitive landscape of the product.
Business Partnering / Partnership
- Supports relevant Commodity Marketing Team (CMT) on representing the entire Digital & Innovation team and portfolio initiatives to support business strategy.
- Initiate working relationships beyond immediate team, fostering collaboration, innovation, and synergies for the Marketing BU.
- Develop deep understanding of the business unit strategy and outcomes, share with the Digital team, and develop outcomes.
- Lead by example to embed the Digital & Innovation strategy and vision and unblock barriers to progress in the relevant CMT/functional area.
Concept Development and Delivery (via Delivery Managers/Leads)
- Prioritise and deliver the product delivery in the Sales and external customer area to create incremental financial value for related commodity desks every year
- Form Agile delivery Teams to deliver outcomes. Assign and guide delivery managers/Leads with a clear product vision. Work collaboratively with Software Engineering Manager to resource delivery teams
- Work closely with stakeholders from across the Marketing Business unit but especially with the relevant internal stakeholders (Sales Managers) to understand the outcomes that they are trying to achieve. Relevant domains: Sales, Trading, Customer.
- Influence your teams and cross-functional partners towards alignment and execution.
- Become a key contributor and organizational point of contact for the product area to maintain influence and alignment.
- Combine thoughtful experimentation and iteration to find the ideas that resonate with users.
- Define metrics and KPIs used to measure the success of the features your team builds.
- Get to know important collaborators at multiple levels of the organization to build rapport and represent the product belief in a broader business context.
- Research and track industry trends and the competitive landscape as they pertain to the product area.
- Leverage learnings from across relevant team and contribute the development of a high calibre product Management capability.
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Digital Product design and development
- Design Thinking
- Preferred: Supply chain SME experience
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
What We Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package
Amazing opportunities for learning and growth – from technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people
We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities internally to move onwards and upwards too