We’re looking for an midweight (2-4 yrs+) UI designer
You will be a key member of the product team. You will be working on mobile and web application design; from user research through to prototyping testing and validation. You’ll be proactively working hand in hand with all aspects of the business; engineering, clinical, operations and product to define problems and the best approaches to them to ensure optimal design through development and testing cycles to drive high user engagement on our products. Energy and enthusiasm are key traits we are looking for in this role.
We’re a young rapidly scaling company, so you’ll need to get your hands dirty and no two weeks will be the same. The ability to cope with uncertainty and rapid change is crucial while being relentlessly resourceful.
We’re looking for someone to be a real part of the team. You spend a lot of time with the people you work with, so we want it to be fun and rewarding. That means having a passion for what we’re doing, wanting to make a real difference to people’s lives, sharing knowledge with your colleagues, and adding to our company culture.
Get in touch if you want to play a key role in a high-impact, fast-growing startup and if you’re passionate about making a big impact.
Role and Responsibilities
- Produce wireframes and visual designs with clear information architecture, user interaction models and user flows
- Create visual and interaction style guides, templates, and other frameworks
- Construct quick interactive prototypes that illustrate UX/UI design
- Produce design specifications that can be delivered to development team for execution
- Create concept models, user flows and sitemaps
- Adapt to development constraints, work in sprint as a team member to facilitate relevant testing processes
- Support Sales and Marketing teams with creative and design assets
Skills and Attributes
- 2-4 years experience in a UX/UI role
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills
- Strong Mobile App UI & UX Experience
- Experience in using UI & UX tools such as, Miro, Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite for wireframing and design purposes
- Experience in analysing and identifying needs of the User
- Able to create and develop User-centred journeys, flows and experiences
- Able to manage testing processes using rapid and effective low-fidelity prototypes
- Comfortable collaborating with other departments such as Product and Development teams
- Experience in reviewing projects post-delivery to generate learnings for future tasks
- Able to clearly communicate UI & UX recommendations with high-quality artificers to Product and Development teams, as well as other stakeholders where appropriate
- Comfortable troubleshooting and instigating conversations with appropriate stakeholders to identify timely and effective solutions
- Keen interest and passion in emerging technologies and innovations
- Not necessary but experience in Wellness / HealthTech sectors is desired
What’s in it for you?
We are a remote-first business with flexible access to office spaces
all over the UK
25 Days Annual Leave, plus Bank Holidays
Full home working setup
At EQL, we believe in open, transparent working environments that encourage ingenuity and collaboration — with colleagues, customers and clients.
We offer competitive compensation, flexible working and a relaxed working environment.
Our culture is so important to us. We know you need to love your job to thrive. You’ll be joining a business of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the healthcare industry — the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential — whatever that means to you.
At EQL we want to empower people to take control of their healthcare needs. Recognised as a Global Digital Health 100 business, EQL is a fast growing start-up challenging traditional healthcare concepts with technology solutions that are highly accessible, scalable and cost-effective. We are committed to radically improving the patient experience, democratising healthcare and making it accessible to anyone, anytime and anywhere.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to email@example.com