Descript’s vision is to build the next generation platform to enable easy and fast creation of audio and video content powered by cutting-edge AI. Building a revolutionary way to record, transcribe, edit and mix spoken audio and video comes with a series of unique challenges and requires solving hard and complex problems.
As a Staff Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for defining the strategy, building the roadmap and shipping features for one of our key product teams. You’ll work closely with a team of world-class PMs, engineers, designers, researchers and product marketers who are all driven to do the best work of their careers.
We are looking for someone in San Francisco (our HQ), or remote within the US and Canada.
What you’ll do
- Own and drive the feature roadmap for your team, from idea generation through to execution and analysis. You’ll bring clarity and focus to your team, and help them deliver value to users reliably and effectively.
- Collaborate with design, engineering and marketing to ship product features that delight our users and deliver meaningful impact on Descript’s business. You’ll sweat the details on product quality.
- Develop a deep understanding of our market, our users and our product opportunities opportunities across segments, countries and platforms. You’ll use qualitative and quantitative insights to develop your team’s strategy and inform your product ideas.
- Embrace data-informed decision making, by developing and testing product hypotheses. You’ll capture insights from growth test success and failures, and communicate them to the broader team.
What you’ll bring
- Experience: You have 5+ years of product management experience at a SAAS company, preferably in a startup environment.
- Empathy: You care deeply about understanding customers, and have demonstrated experience in doing customer discovery and defining features that solve customer problems.
- Structured thinking: You are highly organized and process-oriented, and are comfortable working in environments where individuals are responsible for setting their own day-to-day priorities.
- Excellent communication skills: You are known for clear, direct communication (written and verbal) and collaborating well with a diverse set of colleagues (engineers, designers and executives).
- Technical skills. You are technically-minded PM; you have experience using analytics and business intelligence platforms to analyze your own experiments and perform cohort analysis. You are familiar with the common SAAS KPIs.
- An appreciation of quality: You are enthusiastic about your favorite products, and can articulate why they’re incredible. You have experience collaborating with designers and engineers to build intuitive and delightful user experiences.