The work we do is aimed at ensuring that every student — not just a lucky few — can get an education that’s tailored to their individual needs and supports every aspect of their development.
Our culture is mission-driven, entrepreneurial, and committed to building transformative education products. We need your help to continue building on our mission as we introduce new products into the market.
If the following criteria reflect your background and interests, please check out the role linked below.
* Proven track record of building successful EdTech products
* Leading the vision, strategy, and go-to-market plans for 0 to 1 products
* History of success collaborating with internal and external partners to achieve business and customer goals.
* Enjoys building and scaling a product by using data and customer feedback to drive decisions
* Thrives on ambiguity and getting things done, and thinks in terms of outcomes rather than outputs.
The work of CZI Education’s organization is aimed at ensuring that every student — not just a lucky few — can get an education that’s tailored to their individual needs and supports every aspect of their development. The Product team’s culture is mission-driven, entrepreneurial, and committed to building transformative education products. We need your help to continue building on our mission as we introduce new products into the market.
As a Group Product Manager for Education you will source and evaluate ideas for instructors by identifying top pain points, opportunities to improve existing processes and building new solutions. You’re also responsible for establishing the overarching product vision and strategy for your area.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of building successful EdTech products developing and executing on the vision, strategy, and go-to-market plans for the 0 to 1 product efforts by using data and customer feedback to drive product decisions. They will have a track record of success collaborating with internal and external partners to achieve business and customer goals. The ideal candidate enjoys building and scaling a product, thrives on ambiguity and getting things done, and thinks in terms of outcomes rather than outputs.
This role is based in the Bay Area with the expectation of a few days a week in office per the CZI “flex” work mode.
What You’ll Do
- Strive for a 10x vision by getting there through rapid iteration, embracing continuous learning through co-developing with customers to quickly determine if you’re on the right path and gain the confidence needed to build a life-changing experience.
- Collect and analyze user feedback to inform product requirements, experiments, and features.
- Articulate a clear vision for owned feature areas, maintain a product roadmap, and communicate updates to stakeholders.
- Design and analyze metrics to track progress and make data-driven product decisions with cross-functional teams.
- Identify and evaluate new product opportunities, lead discovery and development, and collaborate with teams to launch new products.
- Develop a close pulse on the EdTech community and market, engaging with a global community, sharing knowledge of this information internally and externally
- Establish and manage external partnerships to drive adoption and usage of the point solutions.
- Engage in build/buy/partner decisions including go-to-market strategy
- Define and lead roadmapping and planning efforts; own and lead product requirements focused on user value and stories
- Think quantitatively: create and validate hypotheses around our products that can be measured
- Mentor more junior product managers
What You’ll Bring
- 12+ years of software product management experience with a proven track-record of building EdTech products at startups
- Experience in leveraging product-user data to make informed product decisions, defining metrics, and developing product ideas that align with the needs of different types of users
- Experience in building hypotheses, designing and executing A/B tests, and using customer feedback to improve product features and user experience.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, and other stakeholders on technical problems and delivering high-quality products with measurable impact.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Agile development concepts and ability to work with products at different stages of product maturity
- Excellent communication, negotiation, leadership, influence-management, and problem-solving skills, with a proven ability to motivate teams and stakeholders towards a shared vision and drive results.
- A personal belief in the mission of the ed tech company, and a passion for using technology to transform education and improve learning outcomes for students.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and point of view, with an ability to focus on user value and change as you learn from our users and partners
- Demonstrated knowledge of the software development lifecycle, specifically in developing cloud- and/or data-based products and technologies
- Experience delivering products with closely partnered teams including security, legal, quality, or regulatory
- Energizing presentation and communication skills, including communication to non-technical teams/collaborators
- Excellent ability to collaborate closely with individuals of diverse backgrounds and ideas
- Experience with emerging technologies such as AI, machine learning, and adaptive learning preferred
- Strong analytical skills and experience with product data analysis tools such as Looker, SQL, and Tableau preferred
The Redwood City, CA base pay range for this role is 241,000 – 362,000. New hires are typically hired into the lower portion of the range, enabling employee growth in the range over time. Actual placement in range is based on job-related skills and experience, as evaluated throughout the interview process. Pay ranges outside Redwood City are adjusted based on cost of labor in each respective geographical market. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.