We are seeking an experienced product manager to oversee our development program. This person will be responsible for overseeing the execution of RAES’ software development schedule, serving as the primary driver of development progress.
This position reports directly to the President, advising on both technical and business strategy and prioritization, and will oversee a small but growing team of developers. Expectations are that this position will spend the majority of their working time coordinating the development team and strategizing to deliver the most efficient path to product deliverables. They will also spend a significant portion of their time contributing directly to the development of the product, and should have the technical capabilities outlined below.
This position is ideal for someone:
– looking to have a big impact at a young and promising start-up – comfortable with creative freedom and executive-level decision making
– ready to own the outcome of their work and their team’s work
– who works best around deadlines
– Collaborate with ideation & design and client ops to set development priorities, define product scope, goals, and deliverables.
– Develop and maintain product plans, timelines, and milestones to ensure on-time and within-budget delivery of products.
– Conduct regular product meetings to track progress, address challenges, and identify potential risks and issues.
– Manage product risks and issues by implementing appropriate mitigation strategies and escalating as necessary.
– Coordinate cross-functional teams to ensure effective collaboration and alignment throughout the product lifecycle.
– Facilitate communication between technical teams and non-technical stakeholders to ensure clear understanding of product objectives and progress.
– Conduct regular quality assurance and testing activities to ensure product compliance with specifications and requirements.
– Actively contribute to process improvement initiatives to enhance product management practices and increase team productivity.
– Assist in budgeting and resource allocation for the product, ensuring optimal utilization of resources.
– Prepare and deliver product status reports and updates to relevant parties including executive, marketing, and client operations.
– Get hands-on as necessary to ensure that development targets are met.
Success in this role means creating a development environment and process that enables the organization to set realistic expectations around the development schedule and then meeting or beating those expectations.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
– Proven experience in technical product management (Minimum 3-5 Years).
– Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
– Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
– Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
– Solid understanding of Agile methodologies, such as Scrum and Kanban.
– Ability to identify and mitigate product risks and issues.
– Knowledge of requirements gathering, analysis, and documentation.
– Familiarity with quality assurance and testing processes.
– Proficiency in product management tools and software.
– Certifications such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and product Management Professional (PMP) are a plus.
– Knowledge of/experience in the construction industry is a huge plus.
– Proficiency in LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP)
– Familiarity with RESTful web services, API development, and integration.
– Experience in designing and optimizing relational databases, writing complex SQL queries, and ensuring data integrity and security.
– Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems (e.g., Ubuntu, Debian) and command-line tools for system administration.
– Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS services, including EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch, etc.
– Familiarity with AWS security features and best practices, including identity and access management, encryption, and security controls.