We are now looking for a Product Owner to join our Digital Product & Platform function, to create and own the work-stream vision and roadmap for the Group Functions (HR, Finance, Corporate) business area. You will collaborate with Kingfisher Group and Banner teams/third parties in determining priorities and the plan, executing value stream projects and ensuring Kingfisher provides a robust platform delivering agreed technical and key business priorities.
We’re Kingfisher, A team made up of over 82,000 passionate people who bring Kingfisher – and all our other brands: B&Q, Screwfix, Brico Depot, Castorama and Koctas – to life. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
At Kingfisher our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We want to ensure that all colleagues, future colleagues, and applicants to Kingfisher are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
We are open to flexible and agile working, both of hours and location. Therefore, we offer colleagues a blend of working from home and our offices, located in London, Southampton & Yeovil. Talk to us about how we can best support you!
What’s the job
- Work with teams and Delivery Leads on planning product releases, ensuring key stakeholders are engaged and delivery is planned and in alignment with other business priorities
- Agree and track key metrics with stakeholders to measure output and deliver results against objectives
- Define proposition/proposal behind the technical features – documents respective assumptions and suggesting a scope for the minimal viable proposition (MVP)
- Work closely with the Solutions Architects to align product and technical vision
- Lead ongoing refinement efforts to make sure each team has work prepared for the next sprint, ahead of existing sprint deliveries, adjusting the scope where necessary
- Ensure technical complexity is taken into account for backlog prioritisation alongside business value
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrable experience in a similar Product Owner position
- Ideal background within HR/People/Finance best practice strategy, policy and processes in UK/EU, with an understanding of the HR and finance tech ecosystem, partners and vendors
- Ability to build, engage, lead and deliver using robust project methodology (ideally using agile working practices)
- Strong influencing and facilitation skills
- Ability to network and build relationships across all seniority levels
- Analytical with confident technology literacy
At Kingfisher, we value the perspectives that any new team members bring, and we want to hear from you. We encourage you to apply for one of our roles even if you do not feel you meet 100% of the requirements.
In return, we offer an inclusive environment, where what you can achieve is limited only by your imagination! We encourage new ideas, actively support experimentation, and strive to build an environment where everyone can be their best self.
We also offer a competitive benefits package and plenty of opportunities to stretch and grow your career.