B4B Payments is part of the Banking Circle ecosystem, a 1000+ person Payments Bank for financial institutions. We operate as an independent affiliate of Banking Circle and whilst we are separate companies, together we deliver an unrivalled scope of financial services and payments solutions for businesses.
About the role
As the Product Owner for our Payments product, you will be responsible for creating the best-in-class payment functionality and platform to deliver the best outcomes for our customers.
Leveraging your deep understanding of the business and engineering capabilities, you will take ownership of the product roadmap for our cross-border payments solution.
You will take ownership of the features, product requirements, and the definition, management and prioritisation of the backlog. This is a critical role, with exposure to senior management and real responsibility.
You must have experience of developing and specifying solutions and be accustomed to successfully managing projects of varying size and complexity through to completion. You will be interacting with various internal stakeholders and third-party vendors to implement critical projects across the organisation.
We are looking for someone who is a pro-active, independent self-starter, ready to jump in and get things done and work alongside innovative teams.
- Building a strong understanding of how our customers send and receive payments across the world, with a global viewpoint on how to scale our payments platform across international markets and different use cases
- End to end ownership over the delivery of new payments features and improvements to existing features
- Taking responsibility and ownership for change initiatives; driving projects forward with focus on strategic goals
- Translates product features and business needs into well-defined product requirements including epics, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Providing clear communication outlining the impacts of changes in users of the systems you are responsible for
- Prioritises and maintains the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to describe and deliver features
- Managing planning sessions, backlog and release with engineering teams and relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring timely execution of technical features in order to accommodate external deadlines
- 3-4 years experience as a Product Owner
- Payments (cross-border, account-to-account, FX) experience is a must (2 years minimum)
- Experience working and building with API-first solutions
- Experience working in an Agile/scrum environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Excellent communication skills – can easily understand and explain complex things
- Experience building internal and external software products (B2B2B/B2B2C)
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to manage your own time effectively
- Ability to collaborate well with colleagues to truly understand business & user goals and come up with informed solutions
- Speak and write English fluently
What we offer:
25 Days Holiday
Vitality Health Care Plan
An individually tailored personal development plan and ongoing training
Employee assistance programme
Regular socials and relaxed working environment
This is a hybrid role (3 days in office).
To apply for this role please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, current location and right to work in the UK status and someone will get back to you soon!