Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is the next generation customer service platform, built for an AI-first world. We are the only platform that combines an AI Bot + AI Help Desk + Proactive Support tools into one seamless platform. The role we’re looking to fill is a career defining opportunity for someone passionate about product management and wants to lead a world-class team of engineers, designers, and researchers in our Proactive Support Group, Dublin. The successful candidate will join the group responsible for innovating and differentiating in our support content offering, utilising AI to help customers create and manage content at scale. This is an ambitious and highly rewarding space for candidates looking to drive impact in emerging tech.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- You’ll deliver product that reflects a uniquely Intercom perspective on how to achieve it
- You’ll manage the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- You’ll deeply know the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers; define and frame those problems for the team
- You’ll collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve these problems
- You’ll scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- You’ll constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures, both in beta’s and after full release.
- You’ll own and maintain the quality of the product areas your team are responsible for; deliver world-class software in every release.
- You’ll motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years experience as a product manager, with a proven track record of shipping impactful product.
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team
- Ideally you have have a strong design background, as it’s essential you’re able to think deeply about product design decisions and have an understanding of how to create simple user interfaces.
- You can clearly communicate product decisions and the rationale behind them. You’re comfortable making decisions without consensus. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- You have deep experience working with both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions. You’ve conducted user research, a/b tests and have worked closely with design researchers and analysts.
- You’re entrepreneurial; you don’t need direction; you’re self driven.
- You’re organised, not ad hoc.
- You’re able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
Click our job ad to learn more