Digital & Technology at UAL is on an exciting journey, transitioning from a ‘classic’ IT approach to a more digital approach to technology, investing in the people and processes enabled by digital and transforming the student and staff experience.
The Head of Product role is an exciting new leadership tier within the Digital & Technology Senior Management Team, which will enable us to move away from a technology-first approach, to building the design, development, and delivery of services around our users and their needs.
As Head of Product: Digital Public Platforms, you will work in partnership with a range of senior stakeholders to lead the development, vision and strategy for a wide range of public-facing digital products, which include our website, public engagement channels, student and graduate showcases, and public-facing research and archive platforms, ensuring alignment to UAL’s student recruitment and public engagement strategy.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for defining the successful outcomes, as well as driving delivery of the development roadmap, ensuring we have the right capacity, capability, and culture to deliver the best digital experience.
- A background of developing digital products for varied audiences and defining roadmaps
- Experience in using data to make decisions and applying a ‘test, iterate & learn’ mindset
- Extensive experience of working with a diverse range of stakeholders and external partners to deliver and develop digital products and services.
- Substantial experience of operating at a strategic level
- Knowledge of effective product lifecycle management across a large, complex environment
- Significant experience of leading high-performing multi-disciplinary product teams delivering at pace
- Experience of Agile, as well as other software and product development and delivery methodologies, for both transformational change and ongoing development taking a user-centric approach
- Demonstrable experience of driving and championing new ways of working while bringing people along with you
UAL is a world-class university, shaping the creative industries worldwide, and staff have access to a range of benefits, training and personal development to recognise and reward the contributions they make, and to encourage excellence, creativity and diversity, including:
- Competitive salary package of up to £85,000 per annum
- 34 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- Family-friendly policies, including 26 weeks of full maternity or paternity pay
For more information on UAL, and Digital & Technology, please visit the dedicated microsite here: www.hays.co.uk/jobs/UAL
HAYS Technology have been retained by University of the Arts London to manage the search and recruitment of this role. For all enquiries, please contact Joel Mundy, Senior Manager at Hays Technology.