About Wild Alaskan Company
Wild Alaskan Company is a data-driven, tech-enabled marketing and cold chain logistics company that sells seafood. Our mission is to accelerate humanity’s transition to sustainable food systems by fostering meaningful, interconnected relationships between human beings, wild seafood, and the planet. To meet this goal, WAC is constantly striving to innovate technology that facilitates (a) a more connected and vertically integrated supply chain via a proprietary end-to-end logistics platform, (b) a seamless buying experience via best-in-class ecommerce and POS solutions, and (c) human-to-human connectivity via proprietary CRM, content platform and member portal.
About the Role
Wild Alaskan Company is in search of a hands-on, tech-savvy, visionary Product Manager with experience specifically related to developing and enhancing enterprise systems, with a focus on inventory, production, logistics, and reporting. The perfect candidate is capable of developing strategies and digging into the details, has an entrepreneurial spirit, and is comfortable operating in the white space that often accompanies building disruptive technologies from the ground up.
As Senior Enterprise Product Manager, you’ll work with stakeholders across the company to drive the future of our proprietary inventory, production, and logistics system, leveraging your own expertise as well. In this high-profile role, you’ll partner closely with Engineering to ensure clear and actionable requirements drive enormous value for the company. This role reports to the SVP of Product and Technology.
- Drive product strategy related to our enterprise software solution, including our proprietary inventory management system.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to prioritize features and build a quarterly product roadmap based on business value.
- Use data and analytics to drive decision-making.
- Communicate transparently and effectively to ensure stakeholder alignment, buy-in, and understanding.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Design to ensure our product designs and stories effectively communicate what we need to build and why, making trade-offs as necessary.
- Work with Data Analytics and Product Research to understand customer behavior and make decisions to optimize performance on the platform.
- Present to leadership and the company about how new products and improvements have affected KPIs that ladder up to company strategic goals.
- Consistently identify problems and inefficiencies within the digital product process and facilitate a culture of continuous improvement.
- Shepherd an Agile approach by running daily stand-ups, grooming sessions, sprint kick-offs, retrospectives, and collaborative design exercises as needed.
- 2+ years of experience as a Senior Product Manager working on one or more aspects of a modern ERP system, including inventory, finance, production, and/or logistics.
- 8+ years of product management experience overall.
- Deep knowledge of the inventory management space, with a desire to learn and stay current with new technologies and products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a proven ability to lead and influence others.
- Proven ability to lead teams made up of engineering, product design, and analytics.
Nice to Haves
- An understanding of backend software architecture, infrastructure, and database design.
- A passion for sustainability and / or the seafood industry.
Experience at a rapidly growing start-up.
- A strong analytical and critical thinker, with extensive hands-on experience using analytics tools such as GA, Looker, Heap, etc.
- B2B work experience.
*If you have a comparable depth of professional experience, believe your skills are directly transferable and are passionate about our mission, please apply!
The starting salary range for this position is $130,000 – $180,000, commensurate with skills and experience. Wild Alaskan’s benefits package includes health, vision, and dental insurance, 401k, PTO, safe/sick time, vacation, parental leave and more, as well as a delicious box of free fish every month.
Diversity of backgrounds and perspectives makes us stronger. We’re committed to creating a work environment that fosters growth, celebrates diversity and fundamentally makes all teammates feel welcome, accepted, nurtured and respected. As an equal Opportunity Employer, Wild Alaskan Company does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of their disability, sex, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other protected status under the law.