Wild Alaskan Company’s mission is to accelerate humanity’s transition to sustainable food systems by fostering meaningful, interconnected relationships between human beings, wild seafood and the planet.
We deliver wild-caught, sustainable seafood to households across the United States. Powered by our custom-built eCommerce platform and three generations of history and expertise in the Alaskan fishing industry, we constantly strive to meet our promise of a top-notch product and experience. And we do it all in a fully-remote fast-paced, challenging, and fun environment.
About the Role
Wild Alaskan Company is seeking a tech-savvy, visionary Senior Growth Product Manager to join a growing team of talented and driven technical product managers and engineers passionate about their work and the company’s mission.
Reporting to the SVP of Product and Technology, in this high-profile role, you will be responsible for overseeing the strategic growth initiatives of the company’s product offerings and continuously driving customer acquisition, retention, and revenue growth through various product-related strategies and tactics.
You will partner with stakeholders across the company, including working in close collaboration with Marketing and Data, to define the company’s growth initiatives and establish key performance indicators to track and evaluate the success of those initiatives.
You will own and maintain a detailed growth product roadmap, ensure requirements are clear and actionable, and ensure initiatives are appropriately prioritized and communicated to stakeholders across the company at all times. You will partner closely with the engineering team to continuously deliver product initiatives against the roadmap to improve growth metrics and support the company’s growth goals.
- Drive product strategy related to growth by tenaciously focusing on lead and member conversion, retention, reactivation, and referrals.
- Optimize growth through AB tests, showing a command of data and funnel analysis to incrementally improve the product.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to prioritize features and build a quarterly product roadmap based on business value.
- Use data and analytics to drive decision-making.
- Communicate transparently and effectively to ensure stakeholder alignment, buy-in, and understanding.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Design to ensure our product designs and stories effectively communicate what we need to build and why, making trade-offs as necessary.
- Work with Data Analytics and Product Research to understand customer behavior and make decisions to optimize performance on the platform.
- Present to leadership and the company about how new products and improvements have affected KPIs that ladder up to company strategic goals.
- Support an Agile approach through daily stand-ups, grooming sessions, sprint kick-offs, retrospectives, and collaborative design exercises as needed.
- 4+ years of experience as a Growth Product Manager.
- 8+ years of product management experience overall.
- Deep knowledge and a passion for product growth strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a proven ability to lead and influence others.
- Proven ability to lead teams made up of engineering, product design, and analytics.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, with extensive hands-on experience using analytics tools such as GA, Looker, Heap, etc.
- A solid understanding of growth strategies, tactics, vendors, and data.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with and understanding of current e-commerce strategies and tools.
- A passion for sustainability and/or the seafood industry.
Experience at a rapidly growing start-up.
*If you have a comparable depth of professional experience, believe your skills are directly transferable and are passionate about our mission, please apply!
The starting salary range for this position is $130,000 – $180,000, commensurate with skills and experience. Wild Alaskan’s benefits package includes health, vision, and dental insurance, 401k, PTO, safe/sick time, vacation, parental leave and more, as well as a delicious box of free fish every month.
Wild Alaskan participates in E-Verify. Please see the Notice of E-Verify Participation and Right to Work posters for more information.
Diversity of backgrounds and perspectives makes us stronger. We’re committed to creating a work environment that fosters growth, celebrates diversity and fundamentally makes all teammates feel welcome, accepted, nurtured and respected. As an equal Opportunity Employer, Wild Alaskan Company does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of their disability, sex, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other protected status under the law.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this email cannot provide application status updates.