We’re the Natural History Museum: a world-class visitor attraction and leading science research centre. We use our unique collections and our unrivalled expertise to tackle the biggest challenges facing the world today. We care for more than 80 million objects spanning billions of years of history. We are proud to be UK’s most popular indoor attraction, welcoming more than five million visitors annually and 16 million visits to our website.
Today the museum is more relevant and influential than ever. We are at a pivotal moment in our history, with our new strategy setting out our role as the natural world faces increasing threats. As well as unlocking the secrets of the collections, adding to the world’s scientific understanding and sparking a love of nature in millions of visitors, we are on a journey towards building a movement of people willing to take action to protect our planet – will you join us?
About the role
This is a rare opportunity for a Senior Product Manager to join our digital team and support the Natural History Museum (NHM) in its mission to create advocates for the planet.
In this role, you’ll work alongside a multidisciplinary team including software development, UX design, data, content and marketing to design, test, iterate and improve NHM’s online ticketing and online shop. You’ll help the museum hit ambitious digital engagement and revenue targets, substantially growing national and global audiences by providing online experiences that are seamless, consistently branded and delight and inspire users.
You’ll work to understand our customers, with a focus on outcomes. You’ll take a hands-on approach in leading a product team through the discovery, delivery and continuous optimisation of digital experiences. You’ll take responsibility for identifying, validating and testing product and feature initiatives from inception to delivery to support our digital and business goals while delivering exceptional customer experiences.
In this role, you’ll:
- lead your product team towards shared objectives and foster an inclusive and collaborative culture
- work closely with commercial teams to understand priorities and agree shared goals
- lead on the development of your products
- champion user needs and evidence-based decision making
- track and monitor product performance and user outcomes
Please refer to the Job Description for full details of the responsibilities of this post.
Experience we’re looking for
- Significant experience in digital product management
- Proven expertise in optimising and delivering for online growth and conversion
- Experience leading multidisciplinary teams to deliver digital products using agile/lean methodology in an organisation with competing business priorities
- Happy to champion product management and communicate the benefits of working in product/customer-centric ways
- Ability to identify and bring curiosity to explore customer, user and business pain points, needs and desires
- Good communication skills and ability to collaborate at all levels across the organisation and bring others on board
- Comfortable with data and analytics
- Excellent technical awareness with experience of working directly with software engineers
- Fired up by our mission and the challenge of building a loyal movement of advocates for the planet
- Excited to work as part of a multidisciplinary product team working collaboratively towards the same goal
- Passionately curious about users and dedicated to improving their experience
- Comfortable with uncertainty, you look for solutions proactively and always keep the bigger picture in mind
- A great champion for data-driven decision making
- An eager collaborator
- Eager to work in the open, share knowledge, mentor and coach others
Interviews expected w/c 22 January 2024
Salary: £58,000 per annum