Please click on application link to know all details about the job. Here is a little blurb for an idea.
Deadline for application: Jan 14, 2024
UNICEF’s Office of Innovation (OOI) is looking for an experienced Frontier Technology Product Manager to drive the prototyping and development of Frontier Tech products and solutions that will drive global engagement and the work of UNICEF’s country programmes. The successful consultant will have a broad palate of tech interests and experience across Web 3, Data Science, AI and the next big thing. Sitting in UNICEF Ventures’ Emerging Tech team, this consultant will have a strong belief that Frontier Tech based solutions can truly help UNICEF rapidly accelerate positive results for children. This role will support a diverse portfolio of prototypes and their pilots – including applications of AI to improve accessibility of content for all children and to automate translation across languages, the use of digital assets to improve financial inclusion and explorations into web3 to create a more inclusive marketplace for open source digital solutions. Focused on projects ideated and prototyped for UNICEF program countries, understanding the complexities between theory and practice and what it takes to make future ideas work in different contexts will be a characteristic of the consultant.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Product Lifecycle Management for Ventures prototypes and products : Drive the lifecycle of the team’s products from ideation and development to prototyping, iteration and, if required, retirement.
- Cross Team Collaboration : Facilitate the Frontier Tech and wider Ventures team’s work through identification and articulation of integrated work seams, convening regular cross team and resource allocation support.
- Market Vision and Strategy: Guide the evolution of Ventures’ prototypes and products with informed trend, opportunity and needs analysis.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Design or any other field of study relatable with product management . *A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional, practical experience.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Practical experience with rapid prototyping and evaluation of user feedback
- Practical experience with research – esp. around market trends and analysis
- Strong technical background with the ability to quickly understand and apply new technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of open source and open data principles and practices.
- Demonstrated experience managing products with applications for social challenges, in UNICEF’s programme countries or for marginalized communities desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.