GDS exists to help government make brilliant public services that empower people in the UK. We work at the very centre of government to drive digital transformation, focused on users. We build and maintain common platforms, products and tools for others to use and create great public services that are accessible, inclusive and easy to use. We also work with departments to identify patterns, share learning and create change to make government more efficient.
Our teams are organised around delivering on our priorities. These are:
making it easier for people to find what they are looking for on GOV.UK
building common service platforms to make it simpler and cheaper to build quality digital services
promoting agile, user-centred design practices both in the UK and across the world
The GOV.UK strategy is focused on growing the reach and impact GOV.UK has for users. A key part of the GDS GOV.UK strategy is in the development and delivery of the first GOV.UK App creating a more persistent, personal and proactive way to support users.
The delivery of the GOV.UK App is underway, with a growing team focussed on version 1. We are looking for a highly experienced Head of Product to join the team, continuing the planning and definition, building the necessary momentum to shape and deliver the vision.
As a Head of Product for GOV.UK App, you’ll:
- be responsible for delivering and articulating a clear vision, achievable goals and measurable objectives for GOV.UK app, providing direction and leadership for the multidisciplinary product teams responsible for the GOV.UK App
- delivering the GOV.UK App to citizens 2024/2025, developing the product strategy and roadmap, iterating these to meet user needs and delivery milestones
- work with colleagues and teams from across GDS, specifically GOV.UK One Login, who are providing a critical part of the infrastructure
- lead engagement with key cross-government stakeholders, users and partner organisations enabling seamless delivery of integrations, meeting user and business needs.
- maintain knowledge of the changing digital and technology landscape and the opportunities they provide to improve the delivery of public services in the UK
- support the Deputy Director across development and implementation of strategy and operational delivery
Please follow the link to Apply,