Senior Product Managers lead an exciting new discipline within Digital & Technology at UAL, supporting the next step in our journey towards product management and user-centric design. Over the last two years we have been scaling our capabilities, shifting focus from a technology and project-centric approach to the design of intuitive, positive user experiences, and optimised digital services that can scale to support the ambitious growth outlined in our strategy.
Reporting to a Head of Product, the Senior Product Manager will work as part of a management team alongside Delivery, Business Analysis, TechOps and Development colleagues, and collaborate with business service teams and supplier-partners. They will be a trusted ally to business service leads, and support Heads of Product and D&T Directors in delivery of each area’s digital service vision.
The Senior Product Manager will drive the ongoing enhancement and maturing of a broad portfolio of products and services, and maintain deep and wide awareness of the changing trends in HE and among the sector’s primary suppliers. You will take a leading role in growing the community of product management at UAL, in embedding excellent product management practices and ensuring close control of product standards. T he SPM will have shared responsibility for defining outcomes, maintaining effective prioritisation of resources to ensure sustainable improvement, measured against the strategic objectives set by the service area leads.
In this recruitment round, we are seeking two Senior Product Managers for the ‘HR, Finance and Estates’ and ‘CRM’ product portfolios. We welcome applications from experienced product managers with related backgrounds from any sector who want to lead this changing practice in an organisation that is committed to social purpose and is growing to face new opportunities and challenges.
- A background of developing digital products for varied audiences and defining roadmaps
- Knowledge of effective product lifecycle management across a large, complex environment
- Experience of supporting complex procurements, and embedding/integrating supplier products within existing ecosystems.
- Extensive experience of working with a diverse range of stakeholders and external partners to deliver and develop digital products and services.
- Experience of building multi-disciplinary product teams and transforming traditional ‘project’ delivery ways of working into high-performing product-led development teams.
- Experience of Agile and Scrum, as well as other software and product development and delivery methodologies, for both transformational change and ongoing development taking a user-centric approach
- Broad awareness of enterprise technology
- Demonstrable experience of driving and championing new ways of working, bringing people along with you
- Desirable experience in acceptance definition, test management, and transition of changes into service
UAL is a world-class university, shaping the creative industries worldwide, and staff have access to a range of benefits, training and personal development to recognise and reward the contributions they make, and to encourage excellence, creativity and diversity, including:
- Competitive salary package £58,193 – £78,482 per annum, depending on experience
- 34 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- Family-friendly policies, including 26 weeks of full maternity or paternity pay
HAYS Technology have been retained by University of the Arts London to manage the search and recruitment of this role. For all enquiries, please contact Joel Mundy at Hays Technology.