Product Manager, Online & Mobile – London
It’s a great time to be working at Workshare, especially if you’re a product manager. We have a dominant share of the global professional services market and are in the process of evolving a new ground-breaking product which will have a large influence on how the people in this market work every day. We are close to the actual users who touch our products every day and you will be able to play an important role in influencing how they become more efficient and take delight in how they work.
The Workshare Product Management team are looking for a strong Product Manager to join us in building a product that focuses on enhancing the efficiency of multi-disciplinary, multi-organizational teams when working with documents, in addition to driving adoption and engagement of our mobile application. The ideal candidate will come with a product management background, ideally with a strong background in accelerating a SaaS product portfolio and enhancing engagement and adoption on mobile applications.
WHY WE NEED YOU
We have a talented, humble and humorous web engineering team today who have built the existing product and have embarked on project to achieve continuous delivery. We’d love to add someone to the team with strong end-user focus and with great product management skills who can build on this platform on which we can iterate quickly and with quality to deliver value to our end users.
WHY YOU NEED US
Workshare is a stable, profitable and fun place to work. We are growing fast. Every company we serve is looking to improve the efficiency of and delight the way their employees work. With our loyal place in the market and our heritage of understanding content workflows, we believe that no one can deliver this value better than we can.
We are product driven and our product managers are extremely visible and engaged across the company. On one day, you can expect to be involved in working with the engineering team that delivers value to thousands of Workshare users. The next day, you could find yourself working with our sales, marketing and executive teams to help define product GTMs. On yet another, you could be evaluating the metrics of the product to obtain insight and suggest means to drive user engagement, adoption and overall user delight.
WHO YOU ARE
You live and breathe product. You’re logical in your thinking. You’re obsessed with Simplicity over Complexity and driven to iterate on an idea or approach until the complexity is mastered so that ultimately simplicity is delivered to the end user.
You understand the business and the analytics that drive your product to succeed. You’re an operational leader who has a background in inspiring teams and managing complexity.
Most importantly, you’re articulate, good at documenting, are humble and able to work collaboratively with design and engineering to bring truly beautiful and amazing products to market.
1. Experience in product management, throughout the entire product development and software delivery lifecycle.
2. Experience specifically focused on web and mobile (primarily iOS) product management
3. Knowledge and experience of working with agile delivery methods.
4. Knowledge of techniques for requirements capture and specification, the ability to balance
tactical and strategic needs and always focus on the customer and user.
5. History of leading through fast-paced, high-growth, uncertain environment.
6. Creative thinking backed by strong analytical and problem solving skills.
7. Good attention to detail, an ability to assimilate, sort and aggregate complex information
8. Effective verbal and written communication skills, able to write clearly and interact well with all
levels of audience.
9. An understanding of software development and ability to work closely with development
teams in scheduling functional and non-functional requirements.
10. Strong teamwork, co-ordination, planning and influencing skills.
11. Self-driven, and ability to work at pace in a dynamic organisation
WHAT YOU’LL DO
1. Define product capabilities by working closely with customers to understand and anticipate their needs. This will need to be augmented with the other inputs defined by the Workshare Product Roadmap framework. You will also need an understanding of Workshare’s strengths and weaknesses related to the market as well as its competitive landscape.
2. Drive product adoption This will include the need to understand Workshare’s channel and partnerships in addition to how the product is sold directly. It also involves regular customer interactions and a passion for actionable product analytics.
3. Work with core technology architects and product designers through design, implementation and testing.
4. Be the go-to person for Workshare’s online products across Workshare’s product portfolio. This will involve an educational and awareness raising aspect to the role and you will need to adapt your style of communication to the audience you are communicating to.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
1. Develop the vision and roadmap for your products based on market data, user research, analytics and company objectives
2. Take ownership of a set of features of initiatives across the product portfolio –combining new releases and optimization to continuously improve our customers’ end-to-end experience against a set of agreed metrics.
3. Identify market opportunities, plan and execute new product development from conceptual stages through the full product lifecycle, including determining return on investment, defining product requirements and product vision, and working with engineering to implement and iterate.
4. Write user stories, acceptance criteria, grooming and prioritizing backlogs, producing release plans and epic roadmaps, running show and tells and producing release communications, Sales and Customer Service training and enablement and competitive analysis.
5. Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and technical project management teams to deliver on the product roadmap.
6. Define methods for quantifying success (or failure) and ensure that the team can clearly understand and articulate its objectives with your help.
7. Seek input from external and internal stakeholders and keeping abreast of industry and sector best practice
8. Work with our commercial teams to analyse potential partner relationships for the product.
9. Work with developers, architects, and operations staff to ensure their requirements are collated and prioritised alongside product requirements as the “single source of truth”.
10. Be available to travel to customer and non-customer sites globally when required.
YOU’LL ALSO HAVE
• 25 days Holidays Per Year rising to 28 Days
• Company Paid Bank Holidays – 8 statutory days per year
• Medical and Travel insurance
• Pension Scheme Contribution up to 5%
• Life assurance
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Wellness program including contribution to Gym membership
• Vision care
• Childcare Vouchers
• Hot/Cold Drinks and Fruit available.
• A Values driven culture
• Fun environment with great offices and awesome team events