Think innovation. Think Sky, a FTSE TOP 30 and the UK’s favourite triple play provider – TV, broadband and telephony. Now in over 10 million households we entertain, excite and inspire customers with the combination of great content and great innovation. This is the driving force behind our growth as we strive to be the UK’s no. 1 choice in entertainment and communications.
At the highest level, the Product Lead is responsible for taking the overall vision of the project and making it manifest for their specific area, in a set of specific and actionable business requirements that can feed the next steps in the delivery process. You will not be an Agile scrum master, responsible for the ins and outs of the development process, but you are responsible for making the vision specific and actionable.
You will be responsible for identifying and developing innovative products and services for Sky. You’ll be the point of contact collaborating with the business to create new features/functionality to move our businesses forward. Working with various teams, you’ll define product requirements for advertising, promotions, subscription upsells, transactions, incl. the Sky Store, and, potentially, an App store.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Be the point of contact for the programme team with Sky Media, Sky Sports, Sky News, Sky Movies, Sky Business and other content/business partners
- Frequently inform and communicate the new capabilities of the platform to them, as well as informing the team of their business needs and goals
- Identify, collaborate and implement new features and functionality with respective business units on the new platform
- Define product requirements for features and functionality with regard to subscription upsells, transactions, advertising and other monetisation opportunities
- Research and assess economics of a Sky Apps Store
- Work with other product leads/manager to define all areas of the user experience across the TV UI (e.g., channel navigation, PVR functionality, VOD, apps)
- Create the detailed definitions for the relevant identified areas
- Identify the various groups that need to contribute to deliver a fully functioning product at the end, with interim demonstrable deliverables
- Coordinate with the project management support to drive delivery by the necessary groups
- Identify scope/schedule/budget trade-offs both up front and on an on-going basis, including recommendations to management
- Not be a champion for their area, but rather a champion for the overall end-user experience with their area contributing appropriately
- Act as the Product Lead role within the with Agile delivery process.
You will possess the following:
- Strong undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in e-commerce product/business and software development
- Knowledge of developments in the Pay TV and online video and device landscape
- Proven ability to develop business models & cases & excellent analytical capability
- An interest and insight into how consumers use and consume digital media products
- Experience of working in an Agile software development environment is advantageous
- Experience gained in a digital media, telecoms, broadcast, consumer software environment
- Experience of working within the Pay TV or mobile/online industry, preferably developing or managing those products would be highly desirable
- Confident, engaging and credible with internal stakeholders, and external customers/suppliers ability to establish relationships, rapport and credibility quickly and effectively
- Demonstrably enthused by role and opportunity and commitment to producing the highest quality products, delivering against targets and achieving individual and team goals
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and working with software engineering teams.
As a valued employee of Sky you will also benefit from Free Sky+HD premium package, an excellent Pension Scheme, Private Health Care, and a Share Save Scheme together with a range of other benefits.
To find out more about working for Sky and to apply, please click to apply.
It’s our people that make Sky the UK & Ireland’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
Believe in Better